Search results

1. J-GLOBAL

Boat Casting for Coho - Rod Combo?

Looking for recommendations on casting setup for Coho. My son likes to cast for Coho while we're Hali-waiting. Last year he hooked a couple, and watching him play coho to the boat on a light spinning rod in and out of all of the hali rods was very entertaining. I'm looking for...
  2. J-GLOBAL

Pike Bounty

"If you catch a pike in the Canadian section of the Columbia or Pend-d’Oreille rivers and bring its head to the front counter office of the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations in Castlegar, you will gain entry to a draw for one of four $500 prizes in the form of credit for...
  3. J-GLOBAL

W: Marine Electrician Vancouver

Looking for someone to install new stereo, and check on everything else in the old boat. Boat is in my warehouse near 70th & Granville.
  4. J-GLOBAL

Kicker - 9.9 - 15 - 20 - 25?

Contemplating getting a new kicker. Nothing wrong with the Yammy 9.9, 3 seasons in it runs better now then when it was new. Having to go 18 miles on my kicker recently, I found the top speed I can get to is 7.3 knots in favorable conditions (no wind) But thinking about a bigger kicker...
  5. J-GLOBAL

Repowering with Twins, Yammi or Suzy?

Repowering from a single Yamaha 350 to twin 200s on a Kingfisher 2825 (5000 lbs) Transom Max Weight 1200lbs, Max horsepower 450 Anyone have any advice choosing between the Yamaha F200 inline 4s (487 lbs) vs. Suzuki DF200APs (496 lbs)?
  6. J-GLOBAL

Wire - free

Won a Scotty HP down rigger last year, came with wire. I prefer Braid. Planning to get rid of the wire. If anyone wants the wire, let me know and if you strip it you can have it.
  7. J-GLOBAL

Tuna & Halibut setup?

Hi All, My son really wants us to get into Tuna fishing next summer/fall. Read that some are using Hali rods for Tuna. Don't know if using the same reels though For hali we currently troll bottom with Salmon gear and do fine. to 40# this year but nothing huge. Looking for suggestions...
  8. J-GLOBAL

Stop the Turf Destruction

Any ideas on how to stop the raccoons from digging up my back yard searching for Grubs? I think its Racoons. Happens over night. Thought about having my son sit out on the deck with his Bow, but Mom veto'd it. The were at it all last spring, then took the summer off, now they are back...
  9. J-GLOBAL

Contact for Exhibitor at Sportsmans show

At the Sportsmans show there was an exhibitor that had a slight complex rotating flasher system. Cant remember the name of the flasher, or the exhibitor. I think it might have been tied to some kind of school? Can anyone help with the name/contact? Thanks.
  10. J-GLOBAL

Islander MR3s

Have a black, red, and blue Islander MR3s for sale, I had received as gifts and have been used for a season. 2 are NON ported, and one is ported, can't remember which color is which. $400 each, or make me an offer for the trio. All with the neoprene cases, and I think with the boxes too if...
  11. J-GLOBAL

C.l.r.

Just took a bunch of spoons, some with a bit of rust, or other marks/accumulations, and tried CLR. Dropped the spoons in for < a minute each, and used a little dishwashing sponge thing to wipe them, all came out nice. Worked well on the steel and painted surfaces. They went from CLR bath...
  12. J-GLOBAL

Comox Thanksgiving Weekend

Going to be in Comox for my son's hockey tournament thanksgiving weekend. Looks like we have most of Sunday open. Was thinking about heading over by boat. Is there any salmon fishing to be done in the area this time of year?
  13. J-GLOBAL

Sport angling a runaway leader in B.C.’s fishing and aquaculture sector

Vancouver Sun Article. Was on the front page on the web for less than an hour before being pulled from the front page. http://www.vancouversun.com/business/agriculture/Sport+angling+runaway+leader+fishing+aquaculture/7949850/story.html Recreational fishery dominates revenue...
  14. J-GLOBAL

Tofino Moorage

Looking at coming over for the Tofino Saltwater Classic. Called Weigh West but no moorage available. Called a couple of other places, and left messages, no call-backs. Anyone know of Moorage contacts in Tofino for the first week of July? Thanks.
  15. J-GLOBAL

H Kingfisher

Looking at a new Kingfisher 2825. Powering it with a Yamaha F350 single ob. Have been thinking about what kind of Kicker to put on it. Yamaha 9.9 HT is the recommended, but I was thinking of going bigger, problem is the shaft drops to 20" only instead of the recommended 25" XL. Staying...
  16. J-GLOBAL

Summer Season Highlights

Had a lot of great days on the water this year, but 2 stand out and its hard to say which was more special. LOCAL I spent one afternoon with my 6 year old son on the water in the Harbour. A beautiful sunny day, about 27 degrees, water was flat. This year was his first year salmon fishing...
  17. J-GLOBAL

Bam/Ukee/Tuff Accom & Moorage

Looking for Accommodation & Moorage in Bamfield, Ucluelet, or Tofino, 21-24th August. Been able to find Accomm at Weigh West but no moorage. Moorage elsewhere but no Accomm (for 4). Anyone know of anything available?
  18. J-GLOBAL

Rules & Response - input wanted

Looking for input into what to do about something. I've already made a decision. But, if it turns out I was way out of line, I can admit I made a mistake and apologize. The situation is this. 3 guys (including myself) head from the mainland to the PA derby. My boat, reservations, etc., I...
  19. J-GLOBAL

Red Rock Crab

Just cooked up and ate my first Red Rock Crabs (LARGE). Steamed them for 20 minutes. Shells were HARD HARD HARD, and the meat stuck to the inside of the shells, a bit difficult to crack and have the meat stay intact. Did I undercook? Overcook? Or is that just the "Rock" in red ROCK...
Back