Gaddammit need to rethink the chartplotter

• So with the first plan to use a Lowrance Elite FS9, let it eat 1/2 with a small screen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go with a Garmin GPSMAP 943XSV, Which will only eat half my dash and buy reading glasses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is the boat coming along
slowly, simply due to parts not arriving. I have been fiddling with it and doing design work on other parts like water tanks and fuel tanks, cutting teak for the next flooring sectionsnothing picture/post worthy lol, basically all prep work for other jobs that will be compleated when I can get the engine back in (when parts arrive for the engine)

and just in case I run out of projects, I also picked up an all origional 1977 18' hourston hard top, need tansom repair and new tank cover, but other than that she is really decent. Iwill be looking for a new trailer for it as the one its on now should have never been on the road in the first place. I will probably be re-gelcoating both boats to match.

I also had all my tools stolen from my truck on haloween, 15k gone.... so thats been a pain in the butt,so I will be building a keflar reinforced fiberglass workbody for my truck over the next month to prevent future theft.

Attachments

• IMG-4613.jpg
    IMG-4613.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG-4615.jpg
    IMG-4615.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG-4616.jpg
    IMG-4616.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG-4617.jpg
    IMG-4617.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 207
slowly, simply due to parts not arriving. I have been fiddling with it and doing design work on other parts like water tanks and fuel tanks, cutting teak for the next flooring sectionsnothing picture/post worthy lol, basically all prep work for other jobs that will be compleated when I can get the engine back in (when parts arrive for the engine)

and just in case I run out of projects, I also picked up an all origional 1977 18' hourston hard top, need tansom repair and new tank cover, but other than that she is really decent. Iwill be looking for a new trailer for it as the one its on now should have never been on the road in the first place. I will probably be re-gelcoating both boats to match.

I also had all my tools stolen from my truck on haloween, 15k gone.... so thats been a pain in the butt,so I will be building a keflar reinforced fiberglass workbody for my truck over the next month to prevent future theft.
Thank you for the update.

I have a simular build going on right now as well, 24' Zeta Command bridge and i wonder about the windows and if you have had yours rebedded?

I have a simular build going on right now as well, 24' Zeta Command bridge and i wonder about the windows and if you have had yours rebedded?
I would love to see some pictures or find out what you’re doing, if you’re so inclined. I grew up on a 24 Zeta which is still in the family and gets regular use. She’s a 1974 (third hull Zeta built, apparently) and we refurbished her about 7 years ago.

i wouldnt worry unless you see they are leaking, the frames are pretty good on these

I would love to see some pictures or find out what you’re doing, if you’re so inclined. I grew up on a 24 Zeta which is still in the family and gets regular use. She’s a 1974 (third hull Zeta built, apparently) and we refurbished her about 7 years ago.
I will post some updates soon, just setting up a shelter for winter work

I was looking at your galley counter top and thought I don't like those hard corners. someone is going to smash fingers in the sliding door and some bruised ribs on the one behind the seat.... then I noticed the blue tape. amazing woodworking skills and welding looks damn nice too

Yah, there is leakage and the frames are in good shape so I wonder who I can take it to to get new rubber, rebedding/resealing?
Any ideas?
Thanks
use a bit of heat to help release the sealant that is likely holding the frame in, then clean off all the old adhesive and rebed with your perfered polyurathae sealant/adhesive ie 4200 or 291

I was looking at your galley counter top and thought I don't like those hard corners. someone is going to smash fingers in the sliding door and some bruised ribs on the one behind the seat.... then I noticed the blue tape. amazing woodworking skills and welding looks damn nice too
lol yeah all the corners and edges will be rounded or covered, that was just a fitting process.

Yacht Mech, are you going to replace the rub rail that goes around all the windows? if so what with??
I’m assuming you’re talking about the drip rails? And no they are actually in really good shape, but if I were to replace them you can actually buy drip rails in lengths and cut to size .

Dang, they put rub rails all around my windows
Sorry I was tired when I read this and was thinking you were talking about the actual window frame, yes there are rub rail strips that run from the cockpit up to the windows and over and across under the brow. But they are in good shape on mine. If you are looking to replace them it’s a fairly standard style run rail, you can buy lengths of them as well as the rubber inserts.

not yet but will be weighing it once everything is in.... and then will weigh it again when I swap out the 5.7 for a 3L turbo inline 6 diesel because it will drop 400# of engine weight
Curious why you would impede yourself with an I/O if you were going to that much trouble to upgrade why not an outboard? Which would also increase the waterplane and room Inside for all that stuff you want to do. I'm not convinced a 3.0T would give the required performance.

Back