Your best "go to" hoochie

anyone have luck using a hootchie with a jughead for action and fishing with a dummy (off the cannonball) flasher? Like others the geen glow splatter back with a green or gold super betty flasher has been effective for me but i love the clean fight you get without an inline flasher. I'd love to find a combo that works as well but without the drag of a flasher. I've considered rigging break away flashers and have limited (unsuccessful) time fishing jug heads but would love some advice. Cheers!
I'm pretty rookie but I caught a few Coho off Sooke in the fall with just that setup. Worked great for me. We had a spoon on the other side of the boat but they kept taking the Jughead hoochie (white with a glow stripe). If you're around Victoria Capital Iron is blowing out Jughead rigs.... they're like a buck or two right now.

anyone have luck using a hootchie with a jughead for action and fishing with a dummy (off the cannonball) flasher? Like others the geen glow splatter back with a green or gold super betty flasher has been effective for me but i love the clean fight you get without an inline flasher. I'd love to find a combo that works as well but without the drag of a flasher. I've considered rigging break away flashers and have limited (unsuccessful) time fishing jug heads but would love some advice. Cheers!
From Gibbs product page, maybe give the inline recommendation a try if you want fish fight only:

"If you choose to fish this hoochie behind a rotating flasher we recommend using 6 feet of leader line to get the best action on the lure. 4 feet is recommended when using an inline flasher".

This glow white with a bit of purple has been deadly for some reason with us from Port Hardy, Nootka and the inside from Campbell River to French creek, just charge the UV glow in the sun first

Attachments

• 7622E2A1-4D16-42BB-BC99-3F0A692C7B15.jpeg
    7622E2A1-4D16-42BB-BC99-3F0A692C7B15.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 214
Does anyone take a flashlight and charge the selection of hoochies that glow to see what ones glow the best? Or am I the only one I’ve noticed drastic differences doing this with identical skirts.

yo
Does anyone take a flashlight and charge the selection of hoochies that glow to see what ones glow the best? Or am I the only one I’ve noticed drastic differences doing this with identical skirts.
You mean from the same package?

I try them all.

YTtzEkt.jpg

ZoED4x0.jpg

But the "Go To" is:

yfWG0gF.jpg

TEXXs9U.jpg

Like CR Bill, 42 inches is the number.

nJDa5g5.jpg

yIMDbQw.jpg

Last edited:
yo

You mean from the same package?
I take all of the packages of the particular hook skirt or whatever I’m looking for take them off the hook. Then lay them all out beside each other give them an equal amount of time in the light. I then cover them with my jacket and peek in more often than not a one or two will out glow the rest by a fair margin.

For as long as I can remember the glow white has always been my go to. If I had one lure to fish the entire island this would be it.

Blue one is my go to Coho killer!

Attachments

• E27B78AA-C3F0-4A00-BBA0-357620AD318F.png
    E27B78AA-C3F0-4A00-BBA0-357620AD318F.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 3CC8FEAB-3FC7-4A26-A0E2-B28B1630E33B.png
    3CC8FEAB-3FC7-4A26-A0E2-B28B1630E33B.png
    312.2 KB · Views: 150
Back