Yamaha F225's For Parts Value

Tight Roll

I have 2 dead 2002 Yamaha F225's that are sitting at my marine mechanics shop. Both engines had the exhaust upgraded (before kits were available so I try not to think about how much was invested) not long before they died. One stopped suddenly and the other had head gasket issue and was still running. They don't have lower units or power trims but other than that are pretty well complete. My mechanic is asking that I move them out of his yard (which is reasonable) and I am wondering what value these might have if I was to list them. They are located in Gibsons. Not expecting to get much but would be nice to recoup some value.

I got $500 on trade in from a dealer on my 850 hour 2003 F225 Aug 2019. It had a corroded block hole. It ran but leaked water. I kept my prop.

Other brand but just putting it out there for the info:
I just traded in my 2006 Honda 225hp with 1900hrs also with corroded block leaking water but running (no water in oil). Prop was **** aluminum. Dealer also kept old controls and analog gauges. I got $2000.

If you have room to store and inclination to do it over time, you could make some money selling off the parts. Pick them clean of stuff like throttle bodies, injectors, ignition packs, stator, cowlings, etc. Takes time but ebay buyers do grab this stuff.

If you have room to store and inclination to do it over time, you could make some money selling off the parts. Pick them clean of stuff like throttle bodies, injectors, ignition packs, stator, cowlings, etc. Takes time but ebay buyers do grab this stuff.

you might pull the lower units, and the lift motors and sell on ebay, and offer the balance for free to whoever wants. certainly someone would take an outboard core if he was committed to the F225 and wanted your core for parts. DAJ

OP says lower units and trim assemblies already gone.

Back