WTB Trophy Titan XL Mooching Rod - 10'6" TTSA-3106

Hey guys, I’ve recently got a titan 3106 as an early Christmas gift, but after reading this I’m wondering if I should try to return it such a shame it’s a gorgeous rod I like the feel of it over my technium haven’t had a chance to use it yet but sounds like I should return it before even trying it out lol
Just find out where they bought it. Only one of mine blew up so far. Warranty got me a new one. I haven't tried a sage yet but these ruin your experience with other rods. You really can't beat the bend they managed to perfect.

I can’t speak for the new model ones but the older ones are hands down the best and closest you will ever come to a sage without the sage price

Just find out where they bought it. Only one of mine blew up so far. Warranty got me a new one. I haven't tried a sage yet but these ruin your experience with other rods. You really can't beat the bend they managed to perfect.
My old man got it for me from island outfitters! It’s a beautiful rod no doubt maybe I’ll give it a go then!

Hey guys, I’ve recently got a titan 3106 as an early Christmas gift, but after reading this I’m wondering if I should try to return it such a shame it’s a gorgeous rod I like the feel of it over my technium haven’t had a chance to use it yet but sounds like I should return it before even trying it out lol
What reel seat does it have ? I believe that’s the tell tale @Rain City

Don't return it, I've been using one for five years now and it's the best Rod I've ever used. It's a copy of a sage
Well that is encouraging, mine will be the latest model I assume as my dad bought it for me a few days ago he doesn’t know anything about fishing but the guys at outfitters assured him it was a decent rod I do have the receipts and what not so hopefully it holds up, I like it a lot more than my technium in terms of feel and balance just from holding it.

What reel seat does it have ? I believe that’s the tell tale @Rain City
That's what I heard. The metal reel seat is the old style. I have two of those. Allegedly they can seize up if you leave them crusted with salt for years like a jackass. I think they just tried to save money.

Also does anyone have any old ones for sale? I'll pay $300

I have a pair of those and I also have the Techniums. In late summer when fishing the big Fraser white chinooks, I always treat myself with Titans.

Titans, Techniums and Kufa are all great value for the $$ but these have a nice feel when fighting the big nookies.

I blew one a couple of years ago b/c I let an idiot play with the downriggers and they did a quick over the counter exchange- no questions asked. I would keep it and trust the warranty program for when it may come needed.

Thats the rod, looks to be the newest model?
Very nice gift!

Merry
I have a pair of those and I also have the Techniums. In late summer when fishing the big Fraser white chinooks, I always treat myself with Titans.

Titans, Techniums and Kufa are all great value for the $$ but these have a nice feel when fighting the big nookies.

I blew one a couple of years ago b/c I let an idiot play with the downriggers and they did a quick over the counter exchange- no questions asked. I would keep it and trust the warranty program for when it may come needed.
What’s all involved with the warranty do I just keep the receipt? Or can I register the rod with the company somehow?

What’s all involved with the warranty do I just keep the receipt? Or can I register the rod with the company somehow?
If your name is on file they can keep all your purchases "in the computer" o_O

I would exchange it for the 2106 as i think the 3106 is over kill. But i have the centerpin 2106 and like the feel of it and have put it to the test over and over.

I would exchange it for the 2106 as i think the 3106 is over kill. But i have the centerpin 2106 and like the feel of it and have put it to the test over and over.
I have all 3 powers and honestly the 3 is the best..... caught lots of fish on all of them but by far power 3 is the best all around..... very sensitive you won’t miss a shaker and a great backbone for tyees

I have 4 old titans and a gloomis custom rod I got as a present from a client when I guided and to be perfectly honest I prefer the action of the Titan. Don’t get me wrong the G Loomis is a fine rod but even at equal money I like my titans.

Back