WTB Trophy Titan XL Mooching Rod - 10'6" TTSA-3106

Ok thanks for all the advice! I ended up finding a used Sage 3106/Islander MR3 combo on craigslist so I am set! All in great condition. Very pleased.
Nice! What'd you pay?

Still looking for one. One of my Shimano’s broke so I am still in the market for a Titan Xl 3106 3 Power. Vancouver area would be easiest

Seriously, if you want a good rod check with Derby to see if he has those Kufa rods still I bought 3 of them 4 years ago and they are still going strong with no breakage after 375 days of abuse

Seriously, if you want a good rod check with Derby to see if he has those Kufa rods still I bought 3 of them 4 years ago and they are still going strong with no breakage after 375 days of abuse

I would second this. Although I still have my Techniums I set a few friends up with Derby and they all bought the Kufa rods and they are great. I have fought fish with them and they are a very nice rod and I believe were under $100.

Man the price keeps coming down on those things. Hmmmmmmn.
I think my originals I paid $320 and that was a DEAL.

I have had older generation in 2106, 3106 and 4106. Runaway from 4016 it breaks at the feral every time. 2106 is fantastic for winters or shallow fishing/mooching and I can't break them (still have 2). The 3106 was unreal, but I only had one of those and had a user error on the tip section unfortunately very sad about that.

NOW that being said I had faith the new line would be great so I got 3 of the 3106 since that's my favourite. 2 broke in my office and the 3rd was returned. It seems the next generation of the rods live up to the made in CHINA.

Afterwards, I bought a 3106 sage, no issues at all. I have had my other 3106 sage for 10+ years best rod for the money hands down for salmon don't even try to argue against that.

Moral of the story buy a sage and it will take care of you for a long time and it's worth fixing them! (unless you can find an old generation titan 3106 ;)

I second this. Got a 3113 mb Turned moocher and a 3106 SA Sage lasted 6 years guiding in Haida Gwaii, countless fish and still going strong 10 years later.
Bought a 3113 titan last summer for a 3rd rod .... and boom this spring clean snap 6” up from the butt no apparent reason on a hook set.

Hey guys, I’ve recently got a titan 3106 as an early Christmas gift, but after reading this I’m wondering if I should try to return it such a shame it’s a gorgeous rod I like the feel of it over my technium haven’t had a chance to use it yet but sounds like I should return it before even trying it out lol

Back