WTB Sturgeon rod

bcbassfishing

Looking for 1 more sturgeon rod. Figured I"d throw it out to the crew first before I buy one new. I have reels but could always be tempted into another. Boat rods only.

Agreed on the Proteus. I have both it and the Technium, both are adequate for the job, but I prefer the Proteus. It also has a handle that doesn't get all mashed up when you are pulling it out of the rod holder quickly. Techniums handle is cork and subject to getting damaged in this way....I have covered my Technium's handles to try to avoid this as much as possible.

That said, the Technium has been a go to boat rod for years, and the $100 offer above is about 1/3 of the current price of the Proteus.

Agreed on the Proteus. I have both it and the Technium, both are adequate for the job, but I prefer the Proteus. It also has a handle that doesn't get all mashed up when you are pulling it out of the rod holder quickly. Techniums handle is cork and subject to getting damaged in this way....I have covered my Technium's handles to try to avoid this as much as possible.

That said, the Technium has been a go to boat rod for years, and the $100 offer above is about 1/3 of the current price of the Proteus.
yeah I didn't want to spend 3 bills on a rod that I will only use a couple days a year. If I lived on the coast still I'd be more inclined.

If any one has any more sturgeon gear kicking around PM me my buddies looking to gear up . Cheers
I'm cleaning out my garage and have a Rapala Predator 8' Sturgeon Rod paired with a Penn 345GT2 Reel, spooled with braid already. Almost brand new, I used it only twice and discovered my boat isn't really set up for Fraser River fishing. Sticking to salt water and lake fishing. $175 for the setup. If I find anything else for sturgeon like leaders etc, I'll include it

Attachments

• 20211009_093227_resized.jpg
    20211009_093227_resized.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 11
  • PennReel.jpg
    PennReel.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 11
I'm cleaning out my garage and have a Rapala Predator 8' Sturgeon Rod paired with a Penn 345GT2 Reel, spooled with braid already. Almost brand new, I used it only twice and discovered my boat isn't really set up for Fraser River fishing. Sticking to salt water and lake fishing. $175 for the setup. If I find anything else for sturgeon like leaders etc, I'll include it
Just sent a PM

I have 2 I can get rid of. Shimano Technium. Been used but still good shape. 100 bucks. Will send pi ture later today.
Do you still have these techniums? I’m looking for an older one to replace one that broke

Back