WTB starboard for boat trailer bunks

Redfisher

Just changing small trailer over to bunks from rollers and looking for new or decent used starboard to put on 2 - 8’ 2x6 bunks. Boat is a light Harbourcraft 16.5’. Located in central island area but can arrange pickup most places on island. Thanks.

If you can't find starboard.. You might try buying the HDPE landscape edging from your local home hardware store. I got 1/4" (they call it half-inch) from Home Builders in Parksville.

If you can't find starboard.. You might try buying the HDPE landscape edging from your local home hardware store. I got 1/4" (they call it half-inch) from Home Builders in Parksville.
I will look into that if nothing materializes. Thanks for the tip.

Industrial Plastics in Nanaimo could supply as well as cut them to size

cutting boards are pretty cheap.....and they are HDPE same as starboard.

I also think nylon would work although not as scratch resistant (dense) as HDPE ..... and not UV stable either but how much sun do your bunks get really

Try contacting commercial kitchens/butchers as they need to replace their cutting surfaces on a regular basis.

FD

industrial plastics, buy some off cuts 40% off, then cut to size. I just bought some for my dash and was barely more than abs sheet. Think its $20 a sq ft if they cut it for you.

Just watch what you buy and make sure it’s thick enough that you can counter sink your screws or fasteners. You don’t want screw heads sticking up and you can not glue this product.

industrial plastics, buy some off cuts 40% off, then cut to size. I just bought some for my dash and was barely more than abs sheet. Think its $20 a sq ft if they cut it for you.
I may do this as I have a few pieces from another project. I forgot about them. Good advice.

Back