Wanted...14-17 trailer, or even just frame and axle

cracked_ribs

Putting out feelers here...won't need it for a bit but sooner or later that boat I'm building will need a carriage.

The thing is, I have a ton of hardware from a buddy gave me after cleaning out the attic in an old shop that apparently used to service boat trailers, so I have bunks, rollers, brackets, a winch, a post, all that stuff, most of it brand new. I'm HOPING that somebody will have the exact opposite: a lightweight boat trailer that somebody stripped all the bits off so they could haul plywood or something, and now it's just sitting because nobody wants to buy a thousand bucks worth of galvanized bits to stick on it.

Anyway if you have or run across a pretty light-duty trailer that's collecting dust, I need something like that. The boat will be extremely light, like almost 14' tinner light, so I don't need much here.

But the boat's about ready to get flipped over so I can start the inside, so I need to start working on locating a trailer.

Hi,

I have this for sale if it works for you? Not galvanized but could work in a pinch.

My number is 77eight 23one zero zero48
Thanks but I think the launch I use most would be a little shallow for it - boat must ride kind of high and I don't think I'd be able to get it deep enough.

Cheers though

Get two torsion axles - Then make the whole trailer out of laminated wood and glass. I know 2x4s now cost an arm and a dick, but its been a long quarantine and I want to follow another build :p

In all seriousness though, princess auto has sales on axles and wheels from time to time. You could probably get a steel shop to chop stuff to size and bolt together, but then its just a matter of time until it all rusts away...

Last edited:
You know... that's probably a pretty good idea. I haven't done much welding in a decade but I could still do structural steel well enough to make a frame, I bet.

I could just set it all up and rent a welder for a weekend. Sure, it would eventually rust but I could por-15 the hell out of it and it would last a pretty long time.

If nothing comes up, maybe I'll do that.

You know... that's probably a pretty good idea. I haven't done much welding in a decade but I could still do structural steel well enough to make a frame, I bet.

I could just set it all up and rent a welder for a weekend. Sure, it would eventually rust but I could por-15 the hell out of it and it would last a pretty long time.

If nothing comes up, maybe I'll do that.
If you were on the mainland, I'd say just come on by my garage. Could weld up something fast enough.

Get two torsion axles - Then make the whole trailer out of laminated wood and glass. I know 2x4s now cost an arm and a dick, but its been a long quarantine and I want to follow another build :p

In all seriousness though, princess auto has sales on axles and wheels from time to time. You could probably get a steel shop to chop stuff to size and bolt together, but then its just a matter of time until it all rusts away...
Arm and a dick. Made my night. Thank you.

Back