WTB Smaller Aluminum 14-18’

ChilliSpoons

I’m looking for a smaller aluminum boat that will mostly be used in larger lakes, some river action and possibly an odd trip out in the ocean weather permitting. I’ll keep my 12’ tinny for small lake fly fishing. Jeff’s Lifetimer looks great but it is outside my price range with a limited budget of $25k.

I’m not opposed to buying a tiller but am leaning towards a center console steering station. Will a center console on a small boat take up too much fishing space?

These are a few that I’ve seen on Marketplace that fit my budget. I’m looking for any tips, advice or leads on similar boats. I’m in Chilliwack so travel isn’t out of the question but definitely comes into play.

2019 Alumacraft Summit 16 Deep V $20k
The specs listed are for a 12’ boat but the seller tells me it’s actually the 16’ showing in the ad. Specs are available online.

16’ Lifetimer - no trailer $19k
Nice boat but I need to calculate the type and cost of a trailer. Advice??? Is 50hp enough with two guys?

2011 14’6” Silver Streak $16.5k
Tiller handle and a little older.

2016 14’ Alumacraft $11k Not ocean friendly but lake and river ready. Nice configuration of the interior.

Check out my ad posted yesterday on the forum. 16 ft riveted alum with 60 merc and 8 hp honda. $5000 buys the package. Kris 250-217-7605

I’d sea trial the silver streak. Private sale and may fit in a garage. Do the research on the block on each motor, a 50hp that has larger displacement may be a better choice then a lighter smaller one. Jeff’s may still be the best buy, I know so many people who buy something old and have to repower. A line of credit is cheap, boat engines and upgrades are not

2011 14’6” Silver Streak $16.5k
Tiller handle and a little older. Reminds me of this

This looks sick
That 14’ Lifetimer is interesting.

While those Marlons are popular with the fly fishing community I’d be a little concerned about stability in bigger water. Nice boat but I think I’d prefer something a little deeper.

Back