WTB. Front mount hydraulic steering helm pump

Prfisher

The final mod I want to do on my boat (well... maybe electric trim tabs, but that’s another story, for another time) is a rear steering station. I’m running a DF 140 on a bay star system, so don’t need heavy duty.
Would prefer a front mount pump. Good working order or rebuildable. Either would be fine.
Also, if anyone has a small wheel they want to part with, I’d be interested.
Thanks. Dan

Last edited:
FYI I ran a duel helm on a Baystar system and learned the hard way that the Baystar system does not support a duel helm system. It worked for a while until the seals blew out of the rear steering station oil flowing everywhere and had to kicker back to Bamfield . I was sold the system from a Marine equipment supplier to be used in a Duel helm situation and I called Teleflex in Richmond and there tech support guys told me that Baystar is a single station system and had to upgrade to Seastar to add more steering helms. Maybe the Baystar is different now !

FYI I ran a duel helm on a Baystar system and learned the hard way that the Baystar system does not support a duel helm system. It worked for a while until the seals blew out of the rear steering station oil flowing everywhere and had to kicker back to Bamfield . I was sold the system from a Marine equipment supplier to be used in a Duel helm situation and I called Teleflex in Richmond and there tech support guys told me that Baystar is a single station system and had to upgrade to Seastar to add more steering helms. Maybe the Baystar is different now !

Thanks much for the heads up! You just saved me a ton of grief.
If Mr Admin is watching, please remove this thread, while I ponder my options.

Not sure how it would work adding a seastar helm pump with a baystar, making a dual steering system, that would not work and yes your right you would blow something. If you have a baystar system not and you want to add another helm station, add another baystar helm. They have the return line fittings so your good. Will need to run a hose from on helm to the other. Hope that makes sense

Not sure how it would work adding a seastar helm pump with a baystar, making a dual steering system, that would not work and yes your right you would blow something. If you have a baystar system not and you want to add another helm station, add another baystar helm. They have the return line fittings so your good. Will need to run a hose from on helm to the other. Hope that makes sense
That is encouraging info. Thank you. And yes, it makes perfect sense.
What a great resource the folks on this site are! This is not the first time I’ve avoided a minor disaster by tapping into the accumulation of experience here.

In this picture there are the ports upper and lower, they have plugs in with allen type.. these are the return line ports. Both the same use one of these and connect a hose from one helm to another.

Only one thing might pop up. Not sure because I don't use baystar hardly at all. However some of these are straight threaded with o-ring type fittings. You will need to put a fitting in there either NPT or Straight - to ORB ( compression type if you want to use a seastar hose. Also make sure you stick to the same diameter hose. Baystar is 1/4 i believe? I know seastar is 5/16. You can use whatever size however just don't use different sizes throughout the system. If that makes any sense

Attachments

• teleflex-hh43143-04.jpg
    teleflex-hh43143-04.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 12
Back