WTB fish cleaning table/station suitable for salmon!!

If you can just find something with aluminum frame that is the best. When I used to make them I used a material (butchers use them and UV stable) similar to king starboard for top, and powder coated aluminum. I still have the original prototype one I made with Sculpin (member on here). That one had an aluminum trough in front, and is handy. If you search in US there are dozen companies that make dock type ones. You really get what you pay for with them. My choice still would be a welded aluminum frame any day of the week with the board that you can take off. Makes it multipurpose.

Believe it or not it is more expensive to make it out of 100% plastic. That material is not cheap. Good luck in your search...

This was one of the ones I stopped making while back. I sold quite a few to people with cabins etc.

View attachment 56806
Thats exactly what I would love to find, nice length and great materials

Trough for gilling and gutting, table for filleting. A portable trough on top of a counter height table is too tall so integrated somehow would be awesome.

Trough for gilling and gutting, table for filleting. A portable trough on top of a counter height table is too tall so integrated somehow would be awesome.
you can buy them separately, my fishing partner sells them. Designed for commercial trollers, it is indeed a trough.

I would definitely be interested in buying one of those troughs, they look like they would work great.

The one springvelocity posted are the ones I like, and being mounted on a Scotty's mount is sweet.

I've had both tables and trough's on my boats. I like the trough much better. Fish doesn't slide around like they do on tables. Turn it upside down for easy gutting, cleaning, gilling, pressure bleeding etc. I made mine big enough to fit very large salmon, Ling Cod, or even chicken Hali's in. If you can, buy or make a trough with a deeper narrow V in it. Keeps the fish much tighter in the trough that a wider angled V and doesn't allow it to slide around. If the V angle is too wide the fish slide around a lot. It's also great to have two drain holes, one at each end so that no matter what side the boat is listing on when you are cleaning the fish the water/blood/guts will shoot right out of the trough quickly ensuring your fish isn't sitting in blood and guts. Make sure the drain holes are large enough for all the guts to go out or else you'll be picking up the guts with your hands and throwing them out the boat which just gets blood/guts outside of the trough and onto your boat.

I also have a two fresh water lines that I quick connect to my fresh water tank that I use for both pressure bleeding and cleaning out the fish cavity after gutting bleeding so that no sea water is used to touch the open meat of the fish with. One is a flexible small diameter line for pressure bleeding and the other is bigger diameter line with a spray nozzle on it.

115996544_926824481152458_186042433284832043_o.jpg

109483923_923786538122919_4606808763903534935_o.jpg

20200724_203143 copy.jpg

20190901_192357.jpg

20190901_200014.jpg

20190901_194145.jpg

Last edited:
Back