WTB 3g Radar

Charts

My Raytheon radar is out of date and looking for an upgrade. Running Lowrance Gen 2's for plotters so looking for 3g for overlay. Thank you

Interested also. Not to thread jack of course. Also - - What a fair price.. New these items are $$$$ but used, no warranty, no guarantees

There's been a few generations as well since 3g. 4g. halo, halo 20, halo24...

Just did some reading.. looks like Halo is a different technology than the 3g/4g radars and offers significant advantages.. Good luck with your search. I might hold out for a newer gen.

Cheers,

I just don't want to dip into the slush fund to much. If I were to update the system to where I like it I am looking at 4 to 5k. MY Gen 2 run like a top and get me where I need to go. Radar is on a separate screen and system so if I can do an overlay radar on my Gen 2 I feel I would be comfortable with that. Technology comes out every year with the newest must haves but if it gets me to point A to Point B in the fog that's all I am looking for

Depending on how fancy you want to get with your radar, 3G is more than enough radar for most sport fishers. Unless you want to get into looking for birds with it to find bait balls etc. But to keep you from crashing into stuff, its awesome. I love mine, and waaaaaay cheaper than halo or even 4G.

If I can't get used one will be getting the halo. It seems like Lowrance/Simrad basically raised prices. So those used 3G are now hard to find.

Depending on how fancy you want to get with your radar, 3G is more than enough radar for most sport fishers. Unless you want to get into looking for birds with it to find bait balls etc. But to keep you from crashing into stuff, its awesome. I love mine, and waaaaaay cheaper than halo or even 4G.
Agreed.. I have operated boats with all the above and I know what I need for sport fishing the way I do.. so the 3g will work for me and my budget

Keep an eye out for Simrad radars as well. If you want to do true overlay you will need a point-1 antenna or the antenna that comes with the autopilot. Not mine but one of the more affordable ones I've seen. 373380208273
I will definitely be running a point 1 or equivalent for true overlay

I guess the 4G I picked up this summer for $1700 was a good deal. The ridiculous part is I sold the same unit WITH a Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3 for $3500 a year before. I was kicking myself a year later just as quite a few guys on here said I would be :confused:

I guess the 4G I picked up this summer for $1700 was a good deal. The ridiculous part is I sold the same unit WITH a Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3 for $3500 a year before. I was kicking myself a year later just as quite a few guys on here said I would be :confused:
Where did you pick up a 4g for $1700? Do share lol

Where did you pick up a 4g for $1700? Do share lol
Some dude on here. Said he traded something for it and just wanted his money out of it. I jumped on it quick. Could be shady who knows.

The halo and the Garmin phantom radars are absolutely incredible. The halo has the auto target Recognition. Garmin the manual. Prices are anywhere between 2500 and 3000.
Do yourself a favour and don’t watch the videos guaranteed you will want one afterwards.

I run G3 on a HDS8 with land over, on an NEMA 2000 system and couldnt be happier, check it regularly on clear weather days and its incredible, so if you think you can out run me to your favorite Hali spot and keep me in the dark, well I SEE U , JK , Its a great system

Back