WTB 300 hp outboard

Redfisher

Looking to repower my 24’ 6000lb boat. Currently has a newer low hour 200 Yamaha (100 hours) but is too underpowered for my liking. Looking to go to 300.

I am not stuck on Yamaha, would buy a Mercury or a Suzuki but a Yamaha means I could reuse all my controls and wiring. Will prefer to go with old school controls, not actively looking for fly by wire.

Is anyone else repowering with similar hp that would share out what they are being quoted for prices? (Would do this with private conversation or a phone call)

cheers Steve

In Victoria: $29,000 for a new 300 yammy. This does not include taxes, controls and install. I received quotes for both Suzuki and merc - both were higher than the Yamaha, the Suzuki 300dp was quite more expensive. I was told all engines now have COVID tax on them (supply chain issues) so I would tack on a few more thousand $ now. My quote was from the summer when there was a few 2021 models still around. You should get good money for your low hour 200.

In Victoria: $29,000 for a new 300 yammy. This does not include taxes, controls and install. I received quotes for both Suzuki and merc - both were higher than the Yamaha, the Suzuki 300dp was quite more expensive. I was told all engines now have COVID tax on them (supply chain issues) so I would tack on a few more thousand $ now. My quote was from the summer when there was a few 2021 models still around. You should get good money for your low hour 200.
Call RPM in port alberni. Once you have fly by wire you will never look back I am jaded and like Mercury

Call RPM in port alberni. Once you have fly by wire you will never look back I am jaded and like Mercury
They are on my list.

I hear you about fly by wire. I run a water taxi with it but it’s not that critical in a fishing boat in my opinion where the bulk of the time is running off a kicker.

I was dealing on a Grady in Washington and the dealer told me he hasn't had a new Yamaha over 200Hp come in in a year.Doesn't know when he'll see them.

I think all new yammies are fly by wire or electronic throttle. The costly option is the electric steering. My supplier talked me out of electronic steering saying he couldn’t get it, hasn’t installed any yet and it was many thousands $$ more

All the 2020 Suzukis that are still new old stock will have their 6 year warranty begin 1/1/22 sold or not.

Interesting eh?
I think Suzuki was smart, pushing the warranty start date out a year on NOS still helps hold the engines value on the showroom floor, This encourages the dealers to order in stock knowing that they will still get a full 2 years to start a warranty on a motor and gives a psychological boost to any buyer of a NOS engine . When I exchanged my 2021 150s for 2020 200s before the boat was finished it gave me added confidence in buying Suzuki's knowing I would still get the full 6 year warranty.

When we purchased our 2019 in 2020 the warranty started at date of purchase. We actually looked at a 2018 but the shaft length wouldn’t work and were told the same thing warranty started as of date of purchase. Suzuki 150.

Back