WTB 23'-26'

There’s a famous thread called “want to buy $300k boat for $100k”
He went for a commander 30

Oh ok. I get it now. I bet we could find a pretty nice boat for 100k if prices today were the same as when Raincity bought the Commander.

$100k will get you an insanely nice 23-26 fishing boat. I doubt you’ll crack $75k. We’ll find one for you

www.facebook.com

1998 Champion Neptune230

Nice boat for fishing Hull Year 1999 Engine: Yamaha 225 4 stroke Outboard Engine Year: 2009 Current Hours :680. Full maintaince: oil change, gear lube oil change & water impeller replace water...

www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

No such thing as a Campion Neptune.I'm not sure who made this boat,maybe Bombardier.Decent looking boat .

I wouldn't buy that boat. We had the same model under hydra sport branding. It sat too low in the water for my liking.

Yeah was going to say the same thing. Totally different market now.
Both Mike and I have a lot going on in 2021 so if we take a season off it isn't the end of the world. Honestly this boat quest hasn't been enjoyable at all for me for a couple of reasons. We are being very picky and unapologetic about that. We know what we want and what we want to spend. Everything just seems unjustifiably expensive to me. Selection is limited. The hard core fisherman who has what we want isn't selling it unless they are upgrading because there is something wrong with what they have. I also strongly believe that this will all collapse and prices will fall. The government's can't keep the non-workers afloat forever with "free money". It would be unfortunate to spend $100k on a boat and a year later it is only worth the $50 or $60k that it should be worth. Although, I guess that is the least of my concerns as hopefully our pickiness will lead us to a boat that we will own for at least a decade.

Both Mike and I have a lot going on in 2021 so if we take a season off it isn't the end of the world. Honestly this boat quest hasn't been enjoyable at all for me for a couple of reasons. We are being very picky and unapologetic about that. We know what we want and what we want to spend. Everything just seems unjustifiably expensive to me. Selection is limited. The hard core fisherman who has what we want isn't selling it unless they are upgrading because there is something wrong with what they have. I also strongly believe that this will all collapse and prices will fall. The government's can't keep the non-workers afloat forever with "free money". It would be unfortunate to spend $100k on a boat and a year later it is only worth the $50 or $60k that it should be worth. Although, I guess that is the least of my concerns as hopefully our pickiness will lead us to a boat that we will own for at least a decade.
Yeah if you're long on it then I guess it doesn't matter ; )

Any pics or more details on your 24’ hewescraft?

Hey sorry no pics atm, however the specs as follows.

24 foot alaskan searunner hardtop with drop down back

Seats 4 on independent swivel chairs onto of storage boxes

Heater, lowrance electronics, washdown, blue seas power distribution and switch panel, led remote searchlight, stereo, interior and deck lighting, sliding side windows, huge dance floor, twin yamaha 115s. Wired for scotty

Brand new engine package available at addition costs

PM for serious inquiries

I wouldn't buy that boat. We had the same model under hydra sport branding. It sat too low in the water for my liking.
looks like it has a pod, or been podded.possibly flotation?

looks like it has a pod, or been podded.possibly flotation?
That’s a factory pod. There sunbird Neptune is composite. The hydra sport could be wood. That seller won’t budge a dime on the price, and she really couldn’t answer any of my questions about the boat. Those boats are a dime a dozen in Florida so you can bring one up here for considerably cheaper

It’s a sellers market. Things will always be unjustifiably expensive in that market. Money is very cheap right now, more people are staying around because they can’t travel, and I think a lot of people are moving to coast. Tough time to be buying a boat. Good luck with the search.

I don't know what the big hype is about walk around boats. Short window frames, seats 2 guys less you get into the 28ft range, even then not that much room in the helm area. Who wants to be on the bow anyway? lol. I think seating 4 guys under cover in 23 - 26ft range is the most functional for our climate. All that canvas to deal with. The 23ft gulf stream is a nice layout IMO, when you rip the frame and top off and put a proper hardtop on it. Still a wood framed boat though. I dunno. Just speaking my opinion

@brianreiber I have a 24ft Hewescraft alaskan sea runner with a hardtop coming up. Its going to be a sweet deal. Not sure if that boat would be in your wheelhouse but the price will be somewhere in the 65 to 70 range.

Bait fishing for tuna is way better when you can walk around the boat. Or, jigging in general. But I agree, hard to give up the comfort of a full cabin without having to go to a 30' plus boat.

Idk if you have seen this Brian.. Little older but had quite a price drop.

Back