WTB 23'-26'

Brian Reiber

Sadly it looks like the DE will be on to a new home this weekend. I wish we could have found a slightly larger boat to transfer our nearly new Suzuki DF250 on to but that didn't pan out.

In the meantime the search continues. Looking for a 23-26' boat. Walkarounds preferred. Looking at Striper 2601, 2301, Wellcraft, Pro Line, Pursuit, Grady Gulf Stream, and just maybe if the right Seasport/Osprey/Orca came along we might consider another enclosed cabin. Outboards only, nothing older than 2000.

Thanks for any leads. It's pretty slim pickings right now but that could change you never know right.

Brian

That's a tough one. I want to spend no more than $100,000 but that would be turn key ready to fish. Motors, electronics, fit and finish etc would have to be exactly like we want it. It is very unlikely to find a used boat that ticks every single box so I definitely need a cushion for the extras.

Nice boat, I don't know anything about Champion. I would like to stay newer though.
It’s actually a Sunbird. I researched a bit and seems like Hydra Sports bought the hull a few years later. No wood stringers. And a factory pod so a nice big dance floor. Not what you are after but someone will see it on here and inquire.

Interested? Sport fishing kingfisher, huge dance floor. Totally fish ready, includes down riggers, anchor kit, diesel heat, dual suspension seats, brand new porta potty, 3 gps, radar, grinder pump in fish hold. Trailer negotiable.

Attachments

• E154393B-919E-4BCB-B2A7-974B24D5080F.jpeg
    E154393B-919E-4BCB-B2A7-974B24D5080F.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 5A5BBFCA-6601-4F7E-9A22-922162551F3B.jpeg
    5A5BBFCA-6601-4F7E-9A22-922162551F3B.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 159
Interested? Sport fishing kingfisher, huge dance floor. Totally fish ready, includes down riggers, anchor kit, diesel heat, dual suspension seats, brand new porta potty, 3 gps, radar, grinder pump in fish hold. Trailer negotiable.
Thanks Trophy. Beauty boat, not quite what we are looking for.

I don't know what the big hype is about walk around boats. Short window frames, seats 2 guys less you get into the 28ft range, even then not that much room in the helm area. Who wants to be on the bow anyway? lol. I think seating 4 guys under cover in 23 - 26ft range is the most functional for our climate. All that canvas to deal with. The 23ft gulf stream is a nice layout IMO, when you rip the frame and top off and put a proper hardtop on it. Still a wood framed boat though. I dunno. Just speaking my opinion

@brianreiber I have a 24ft Hewescraft alaskan sea runner with a hardtop coming up. Its going to be a sweet deal. Not sure if that boat would be in your wheelhouse but the price will be somewhere in the 65 to 70 range.

friend is selling his 232 2005 Grady White gulfstream, fully loaded great boat. 73k, warranty 2023 150 Yamaha outboards
PM me for cell number.

That wellcraft should really be considered,.... it was owned by a legitimate shipwright not one of those pretend ones , so it would be at the top of my list.....what more could you ask for ? It’s been podded and a newer 300 on it. Good to go for many years to come imo

That wellcraft should really be considered,.... it was owned by a legitimate shipwright not one of those pretend ones , so it would be at the top of my list.....what more could you ask for ? It’s been podded and a newer 300 on it. Good to go for many years to come imo
It is nice but as I mentioned above nothing older than 2000

I don't know what the big hype is about walk around boats. Short window frames, seats 2 guys less you get into the 28ft range, even then not that much room in the helm area. Who wants to be on the bow anyway? lol. I think seating 4 guys under cover in 23 - 26ft range is the most functional for our climate. All that canvas to deal with. The 23ft gulf stream is a nice layout IMO, when you rip the frame and top off and put a proper hardtop on it. Still a wood framed boat though. I dunno. Just speaking my opinion

@brianreiber I have a 24ft Hewescraft alaskan sea runner with a hardtop coming up. Its going to be a sweet deal. Not sure if that boat would be in your wheelhouse but the price will be somewhere in the 65 to 70 range.
Any pics or more details on your 24’ hewescraft?

Not sure if you know this, but you can actually get a $300k boat for $100k. I’ve seen it happen!

Back