Wanted 23'-26 boat

Just one comment. A 2015 yam with 750 hours over 3 years or less seems high. It’s 250 plus hours a year depending when bought. I use my boat quite a bit mostly for fishing and average 100 hours annually max on my main. (My kicker gets a 1000hrs a year) Any chance it was a charter boat? I know guys will say they put on more hours if the cruise a lot but for a fish boat it seems high. Nice set up though.

Just one comment. A 2015 yam with 750 hours over 3 years or less seems high. It’s 250 plus hours a year depending when bought. I use my boat quite a bit mostly for fishing and average 100 hours annually max on my main. (My kicker gets a 1000hrs a year) Any chance it was a charter boat? I know guys will say they put on more hours if the cruise a lot but for a fish boat it seems high. Nice set up though.

http://www.uclueletfishing.com/vessels--gear.html

Charter boat for sure

Maybe I should ask for the opinion of the audience on this one. I've looked at that ad all winter long and the fact that it hasn't sold says something. I know that boat is a very solid contender compared to what else is out there now but I just have a hard time with the value.

Tell me I'm wrong...

The value of that 300 is approx $15-20K (it is fully rigged and still has warranty)
The value of the kicker is $2-3K
the value of the trailer $4-5K

That makes the value of the hull and the electronics 17-24K which seems a bit steep for the age of the hull. I don't love the low gunnel height and railing situation on that boat but it checks almost every other box for me.

What does the almighty Sportfishing community think about the value of that boat?
I think your evaluation is fair. The boat is very clean, the hours are getting up quickly. I’d say if you like it, throw out an offer and see how it goes. Start at 35, you might end up at 38 or 39k. If you save enough on it you can even buy a longer net for reaching fish over the gunnels!

Quite a bit of custom work into that hard top and railings.......that ain't cheap

So I got a little quiet on this thread once I had a deal to be worked out. I ended up getting Thunder21’s 26’ Hourston. There are a couple things about the boat that aren’t exactly On my list of ideal features (inboard/outboard is never my favourite) but the boat is overall in pretty damn good shape and has many of the things I was looking for and should be a pretty cool rig for me and my family! Thunder21 was super easy to deal with and I hope I see him at the ramp some day.

I trailered it home and holy crap that thing feels big on the trailer. Looking forward to getting out on the water tomorrow and then getting a couple mods done this summer to get it set up the way I want.

It seems like there is some absolute garbage out there for boats right now and what does exist looks either massively overpriced or just junk. I looked at several other boats and the Hourston stood heads and shoulders above the other options (In my eyes anyway)

So I got a little quiet on this thread once I had a deal to be worked out. I ended up getting Thunder21’s 26’ Hourston. There are a couple things about the boat that aren’t exactly On my list of ideal features (inboard/outboard is never my favourite) but the boat is overall in pretty damn good shape and has many of the things I was looking for and should be a pretty cool rig for me and my family! Thunder21 was super easy to deal with and I hope I see him at the ramp some day.

I trailered it home and holy crap that thing feels big on the trailer. Looking forward to getting out on the water tomorrow and then getting a couple mods done this summer to get it set up the way I want.

It seems like there is some absolute garbage out there for boats right now and what does exist looks either massively overpriced or just junk. I looked at several other boats and the Hourston stood heads and shoulders above the other options (In my eyes anyway)

Congrats saw that boat a few times since it was in my home port. What a rig. You will have fun!

Welcome to the Hourston family. You have a great boat, hope you enjoy

Back