WTB 16-18ft Starter Boat

I'm not sure if anybody else mentioned the Arimas but they make a really nice boat in the 17' range. Not the cheapest boat around but hold their resell value very well.

Hi JAC, i was told to stay away from explorers due to the wood stringers in the hull and the increased chance of rot (wood prior to 2004 i believe). Thanks everyone for posting, lots of help. Went to the boat show today in victoria, lots of beautiful specimens to wish upon there.

Hi JAC, i was told to stay away from explorers due to the wood stringers in the hull and the increased chance of rot (wood prior to 2004 i believe). Thanks everyone for posting, lots of help. Went to the boat show today in victoria, lots of beautiful specimens to wish upon there.

There are many 50 to 80 year old wood boats all over b.c coast. Not saying that this is the boat you want but there is lots of wood in all sorts of boats. Just make sure to do your home work, it sound like you are. Call campion you can speak direct to the owner he is a nice guy was very helpful to me when I was looking a buying one

The old saying "you get what you pay for " usually rings true.
I would be looking for something a little newer with a galv. trailer and
updated power.
Its pretty hard to tell from the pics what sort of shape the boat is in ?

Back