WTB 10' aluminum boat

I agree stay away from the Tracker, I had one for a couple of years and actually avoided using it as it was very unstable. With the small Jon's, you need a very wide bottom, don't let the beam width fool you, some have a 50 inch beam that goes down on quite an angle leaving you with a tippy boat.

Also, you need to keep it under 100 pounds if possible, especially if you are car topping it and you are alone.

I bought the Marlon at Jones Boys Marina in Nelson for 1199.00. The Yamaha dealer in Kelowna wanted $1400, so it pays to be patient and look around.

If you like to troll and spin around the don't rule out a v hull. The Jon's are really best suited to anchoring up.

the only jon boats in 10' i can find on the island is the Marlon in port alberni at RPM for 1198, boatland in campbell river has the lowe jon boat, sherwoodmarine has the tracker brand.. , My question is this.. which would you buy and why.. i almost wanna bite the bullet and get on the boat and go to port moody to get the G-3 yamaha 1036..would add another 250 for the ferry and gas.....ArGH...

if you can get a 1036 I would seriously consider it. I wish I had gotten a 1036, it would give way more space than a 1032. The marlons are nice, but it would not slide into the bed of your truck, you would have to load it at an angle.

Kunni

Ya i think that might be the way to go too, also i can use my 6 horse and the 1036 is still only 100 lbs, pretty sure the angle of the sides will allow it to slide in my box with the bottom width being 36" and the top being 52". I also seen on a you tube vid that the bottom is made of one piece and the rivets only hold the ribs in on the 1036, making it quite a bit stronger then other jon boats.

Jeff if you are interested in a 10ft v hull there is a full welded chief on used Vic, they are sweet boats, he wants 700 it looks in great condition. Sorry I can't post the URL from my phone

Kunni

Back