Would a 25” fit ??

Will try tomorrow, kind of awkward to hold the stick and the tape by myself, but will take the time tomorrow and prop the stick under the boat and take a pic
use a jack to hold a 2x4 on the keel of the hull, then measure away

Few more pics, so the cavitation plate sits 3” above the plane of the keel, 5”-1/2” from pod to added brackets, from the plane to top of pod is is 29” so minus the 3” still leaves 26” ???? lol I am really confuse now f….from my amateur brain looks like it would be bottom out with a 25” with no room to go down if need be, bottom out would put the cavitation plate of a 25” 3” above the plane of the keel

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0268.jpeg
    IMG_0268.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0269.jpeg
    IMG_0269.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 47
Also pic from the hydro, look like if I go different brand I need to replace the hydro cylinder assembly

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpeg
    IMG_0270.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0272.jpeg
    IMG_0272.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0272.jpeg
    IMG_0272.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0270.jpeg
    IMG_0270.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 33
Take a side view picture of the boat, bracket, motor etc
All good, will head to the shop and take a pic . You will get to see it first hand once I get my shot togheter, 90% chance I will try and go the used way , new all said and done will be mid 40k , way more then I want to spend, would be nice if the 25” option is on the table, opens up the used market ( more options) if I do go new then who cares I can order a 30” or a 25”

If it’s 26” from the bracket to the keel line you should be just fine. If that’s to your current cav plate location which is 3” above as you said then you’re cutting it too close imo but it may still work.

If it’s 26” from the bracket to the keel line you should be just fine. If that’s to your current cav plate location which is 3” above as you said then you’re cutting it too close imo but it may still work.
That’s what I am worried about, at ship happen will get first hand look at it soon, then I go from there, still a few months away from having what I need funds wise to make a decision

That’s what I am worried about, at ship happen will get first hand look at it soon, then I go from there, still a few months away from having what I need funds wise to make a decision
IMG_7165.jpeg
is that measurement to the top of the bottom 2x 26”? If yes then your good.

Alot of people think that when you mount an outboard on a gill bracket or a raked pod that the rules apply. Nope they don't. Said it on this forum at least 10 times now.

You run a boat like that it's going to be so hard on that engine it's not good for the engines life, nor will your boat ever perform the way it's supposed to.

Must go up 1.5 to 2 inches for every foot of setback. Some boats are different. But it always lands in there somewhere

Back