Wolf gets a meal.

Tailspin

We saw this from the boat while getting ready for a dive. Awesome!

Seals having a lazy morning with pups.
IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

breakfast
IMG_5282.jpg

Dragged it up the beach, and up the hill after a 20 minute feed.
IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg

www.tailspincharters.com

quote:Originally posted by Tailspin

Ya pretty crazy! My wife saw it all unfold while we were getting the gear out. This all happened right in behind the bedfords. About 20 years ago, there was a big couger in almost the same spot.

www.tailspincharters.com
Very nice pics Justin

quote:Originally posted by Duffer

Maybe we need to introduce wolves to the Puntlege estuary!!! Nice job on the pics I never knew wolves ate seals..

I understand the biggest predator of Seals in the old days was Coyotes. Raiding the rookeries.

21'Jetcraft Bluewater, Hobie Outback

that wolf woulda mada a nice addition to my other animals.....but I give him respect for killing seals...

awesome pictures

Very cool - so lets protect wolves, coyotes and cougars so they can eat lots of seal meat!!! :)

Too much water, too little time

geeze i thought u were talking about roy (wolfie) justin i would surely shell out 25 cents to watch him eat a seal:D he's a big boy i'm sure he could handle it.ps what were u diving for fishing gear?

Tailspin, Did you notice if it had a white or silver patch on its chest? I may have seen the same one last friday.

Here are some photos we took last Friday. A bit blurry as I cropped it to get close-up.
It was at Fossil Pt (the deep hole) near Pedder bay. Perhaps 5KM as the crow flies from the Bedfords.
Has to be the same one. Emailed these to MOE and have yet to hear back......
Pretty cool.
P1020279.jpg

P1020280.jpg

Photo002-1.jpg

Could you please leave my dog alone? It was a secret that I had him trained for seal hunt! :D

Incredible. And so close to home.

Very cool shots, Tailspin. My wife and I were just marveling at how much that wolf looked like our old dog, right down to the white chest patch. We lived up in the Cariboo at the time and he used to catch grouse, beaver, and squirrels. When we moved back to the coast he used to do in about 2 raccoons a year when they were foolish enough to venture into our backyard after horse chestnuts.
T2

Back