Wiring details

Totally unexpected

I'm just wondering ,as I am doing a bunch of new wiring,should I wire my on board charger through my battery switch or just direct to the batteries. My old one was wired through the switch with fused connectorsback to the batteries. The new switch instructions say nothing about wiring the charger and the same for the charger, no mention of the switch. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

I’ve been looking at this as well. Seems like there is a few different ways to skin the cat and all will work just fine. Direct to the battery or off the hot posts of the switch is essentially the same.
Now I’ve been contemplating moving my acr off of the battery and moving to the switched off sides of the switch. Essentially eliminating the acr when the onboard charger is being used, and the acr would come back into play when switch is on with engine running. Not sure if there’s any benefit to this ?
Is there any harm in having a 2 bank charger hooked direct to the battery’s with the acr wired direct to the batteries ?
Would one be better to run a quality single bank charger hooked to the start and let the acr take over charging the house?

Would one be better to run a quality single bank charger hooked to the start and let the acr take over charging the house?
That is how mine is done, only because I had a single bank charger. Figured as long as the main was charged that was the most important one to have charged. So far has worked out well.

Mine is wired directly to the batteries. That way when I park my boat in the driveway I can leave the switch off and the battery charger/maintainer plugged in and on.

Back