Wiper Motor

I would make sure that it's not going to rust. Even on the marine ones I have found lots if corrosion on the spline shaft. Also making sure it has the right amount if swing

Go ahead and try and let us know .....good luck with that....as they rust up pretty good

I would just buy a Bosch motor and use a good arm with a good spring so there is proper contact with the window. I would stick with marine made for any contact with the salt.

I know why you are doing it the wiper arms for marine use are ridiculous... I just use rainex. Never fixed mine not forking at 200.00-300.00 for one... Don't try and put a car wiper arm on..You will get a few trips out of it and will waste your money...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that most automotive wiper motors do not have the internal mechanism to go back and forth, but rely on external linkage to accomplish the back and forth motion. There are some wiper motors used in street rods that do have this function, but I think you will find that others just rotate and rely on the external linkage to change direction.

yes but they are 24 volt....except for the first one i think they are for excavators and big machinery

looking for my old 16 ft Double Eagle I sold years ago. Has a USA sticker on stern drivers side Registration 13K72255, white hull, orange deck, easy loader. Boat is 1976. would like to know if its still around. Thanks

Why not just spend a $125 on a new marine wiper motor? Why bother with something that needs to be adapted to make work

there's a couple motors and wiper parts in this link. not sure if it will help or not but seem quite a bit less expensive than some i've seen...can't speak for the quality.
http://tmcin.com/browseproducts/Index.html

Back