Winter Storms.

We live in the valley on acreage surrounded by trees so we took some damage on our property and had two power lines down on our street. We were running on a generator for 3 days.
The hydro safety/assessment guys arrived on our street early a few mornings ago. They made the area safe and taped off the lines that were down after the fire department had been there. My wife noticed the hydro assessment/safety guys' trucks still there later that evening when she was driving back from the store. I thought that was odd and was wondering if they were safe thinking maybe something happened so I drove down the road to check on them. The guys were fine and told me they were instructed to stay on scene till the line truck crew arrived just in case the area became unsafe due to the grid getting power fired up prior to that high voltage line being fixed or something in that nature. So I asked them when did dispatch say the high voltage line men were supposed to be arriving. He told me they couldn't say for sure and that it could be several hours more and they weren't allowed to leave. I think that day those fellas were there for around 15 hrs or so until the linemen crews arrived.
So I went home and got my wife and we went to the store to get the guys hot coffees, pop and pizza from Tim Horton's and Domino's. They were so happy and I think it turned their super long lame day into some positive feelings. I think too many folks take these crews for granted and reading some of the rants and whining by people on social media blaming **** on the workers is just horribly wrong. It's not their fault it takes time to get **** hooked up again while trying to keep everyone safe. We gotta praise the workers for putting in very long overtime shifts to get power back on for folks. Especially at this time of year when I'm sure they'd rather be at home with their friends and families for the Christmas holidays.

Thank you guys/gals very much from our family
You’re a class act buddy, those crews have been working 16 hr days away from their loved ones for the holidays helping to get power restored ..

Last edited:
huge shout out to the tree crews and hydro lineman that worked tirelessly on restoring power to bamfield. simply amazing effort.
we drove in on the 26 to see some final connections being done. i wish i
had taken a pic of what we came across next. 2 full trucks with every guy slumped over for a recovery sleep. power was on when we got to bam.

THANK YOU!!!!

Back