winter harbour

T

Trevor

heading up on the 22nd of july anyone have any good tips have not been there in years mostly after the hali still fishing them about 3-5 miles offshore any info would be great thanks Trevor

Hey Trevor I'm heading up there on Wed. for a week. We are staying in a cabin on the water close to the boat launch.Drop by and see how were doin. We were there last year and limited on Hali. It all depends on the weather, Greg

hey greg thanks for the reply will come try and find you what kind of boat are you in ? its my first time for my dad and brother in law so id like us to get some good fish. hope to see you up there and good luck,any word if the spring are still in thanx Trevor

Hey Trev, I have a 17.5ft red and white deep vee with twin Hondas (90&15). The cabin is right close to the boardwalk at the marina with the boat launch. Hope to see you there, maybe have a story or two. Greg

I used to fish Black Cod out of Winter Harbour , the last time I was there was I think 1984 when the Canucks went to the finals, does the guy in the store still "Roll" double or nothing for your purchase ?
Have a great time guys ... Kraft

HI greg if you havnt left yet i have some info i heard the fishing is fantstic for everything,i guess the koho are in pretty heavy.the springs are getting better and bigger as well, and halis great as always good luck see you up yhere Trev

It will be my first time going up there. I'm heading up on the 25th. Does anyone know what the boat launch is like at coal harbour??

We are staying at Dicks last resort. My boat is a 23 seaswirl striper. Called "Its akeeper" I will be on Channel 8

Hey Trevor I'm heading up there on Wed. for a week. We are staying in a cabin on the water close to the boat launch.Drop by and see how were doin. We were there last year and limited on Hali. It all depends on the weather, Greg
[/quote]

The boat launch is good at Coal Harbour.I've launched my 24 ftr a couple times.Good ramp,water etc
I'll be up on the 27th will you still be there salmon slayer

comming home on the 29th. Have no idea were to go to fish for halis or other ground fish. In looking at other fishing reports the fishing has been good so far.

Really getting excited about going.

I havent fished hali in the area.Matbe someone will post who has.You can go to salmonuniversity.com and click on regions and go to Quatsino Sound and ther are some caharts that are useful.I fished for bottomfish off of Kains Island and did very good last year

Thanks for the heads up. If youre in the area give a call.

see ya up there

i have heard that about 4 miles out for hali and you can get lings in the same area and for other bottom fish you need some structurebut you should get everything up there good luck might see you there

I was there 2 weeks ago,stayed at Dick's as well. Great food, great guy.
We fished mostly for halis and ling cod, but also got our limits of coho.
All you have to do is just get out of the inlet and get fishing for halis and ling cod. we were using mud-rakers,bouncing them off the bottom.
You can also get chinook trolling inside the inlet, green hotspot flasher and chartreuse hoochie, 45 in behind the flasher.
Great ramp at Coal Harbour, but would advise you to get a lock for your gas/diesel tank on your vehicle, as we lost about 1/2 tank of diesel there.
Don

Thanks for the update. Is there a local store up there to but tackle if you need any?

Back