Winter Harbour Float Cabin

BigBadBrad

Has anyone stayed at the float cabins in Winter Harbour? I believe Oli owns them. I am thinking about contacting him to see if he has anything available next summer.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer. We’re they clean? Good working order? Pros and cons?

Cheers,

BBB

Has anyone stayed at the float cabins in Winter Harbour? I believe Oli owns them. I am thinking about contacting him to see if he has anything available next summer.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer. We’re they clean? Good working order? Pros and cons?

Cheers,

BBB
Yup. Clean enough, working order. They're a little rough but it's pretty cool to be right on the water. More basic & a little smelly for my liking. They have freezers, power. Personally I'd rather rent something on land in town & drive a truck or two around with all our coolers & gear, then run the boats down the sound. We have also stayed in Oli's land rentals as well and he does do a great job. We enjoyed them a bit more.

we have stayed at the floating cabin before. it was nice having a place beside your boat all by ourselves but that's about it.
its very basic. water dribbles off the roof into a water tank. but we had to rig up a tarp so that it made it from the gutter to the tank as downspout was gone. propane water heater kept having issues and wouldn't re light. the generator died on us and we couldn't get it going.
no heat, hardly any utensils or kitchen ware. beds were ok, foam mattresses / bunk beds. pretty run down overall but would I stay there again?maybe, but proximity to fuel and ice, plus everything just works.. makes me think that the outpost is a better spot for many reasons.

I’ll be at Oli’s floating Cabin next week, I’ll give the low down once we return. We usually tent camp at Hunt Island, right near the floating cabins, so this will be a big upgrade for us, even if they are minimalist.

I’ll be at Oli’s floating Cabin next week, I’ll give the low down once we return. We usually tent camp at Hunt Island, right near the floating cabins, so this will be a big upgrade for us, even if they are minimalist.
I think a big part of me not loving the cabins was the unexpected surprise of its condition. I expected better for the cost. That being said it’s not like the roof leaked and was mold inside or rat infested and, certainly better then tenting it. Just expect to be fixing things while your there

Just returned from our trip to WH, where we stayed at Oli's float Cabin. What an upgrade from tenting it on Hunt Island. The Caretaker (Bruce) at Oli's Cabins was great and very helpful with the operation of everything. It's nothing fancy, but is totally functional and perfect for getting to the fishing spots right away. Electricity via an easy to use generator, Fridge, Stove, BBQ's, Flushing toilets, Hot Showers and Kitchen setup, Freezer for your Fish and even an Ice Maker. If you need or want anything more, then its not the place for you. Already planning my next trip and stay at Oli's.

Back