Wholesale sports

twinwinds

I heard there was a wholesale sports outdoor outfitters opening in Nanaimo? rumor?

Need one in Victoria....

That's good, Ive never been to one before or Cabelas for that matter. I am guessing the fishing gear will be a lot cheaper! I called the wholesale sports in Kamloops and the rifles were way cheaper.
Would have been nice to have it here in Victoria but i guess its worth the road trip!

Cheaper yes, But what about all those local shops? Remember the posts last year about supporting the small local guys?

Take only what you need.

Wholesale Sports is owned by UFA if that means anything today. It is nice to get a good price on stuff but I think the little guy will survive with the big guy still around as there is always a need for the type of service the little guy can offer.[^]

IMG_1445.jpg

Supporting local business is great but when you can find the things considerably cheaper elsewhere or you just don't have the funds to pay local business prices, places like wholesale sports offers you the product at affordable prices?
But i know what you mean...

Cheers

I just got back from our local Wholesale Sports here in Edmonton. Since UFA took over, I have noticed a HUGE improvment in the amount of staff willing to help, and the fact that they now have an AWESOME inventory. Way different now then when it was before UFA took over. They also had an add up saying they are putting a store in Grande Prairie. I tlked to my brother who is in the Electrical feild up in Grande Prairie, and he confirmed that they bought a building up there, and have contract awarded to local guys for the development of the store up there!!! That will be great to have one up there as well!!

Indeed, especially for firearms as there's one outfit with a monopoly on that here in Victoria.

Monopolies breed higher prices.
Competition breeds fairness and competitive pricing strategy's.

Last year we stopped into the Kamloops store and buddy bought himself a new camp grouse-gun.

Stainless 22-semi auto/ 3x9 scope/sling, for just over $200.00

quote:Originally posted by Little Hawk

Indeed, especially for firearms as there's one outfit with a monopoly on that here in Victoria.

Monopolies breed higher prices.
Competition breeds fairness and competitive pricing strategy's.

Last year we stopped into the Kamloops store and buddy bought himself a new camp grouse-gun.

Stainless 22-semi auto/ 3x9 scope/sling, for just over $200.00

Cheers on this comment! and good price on the gun....
I priced out the guns in Kamloops and in Victoria, I could almost get 2 for the price of 1 if i wait and go to kamloops instead of buying here

Located in the old Canadian Wholesale store on the island highway across from Long Lake...for those of you that like to shoot things, the gun counter is 92' long[:0].

92-feet, cool!

We'll get'em to set up a target at one end!

"Yep... that's a '338' sonny, just point it down there an let one go.
Mind the old guy at the other end of the counter though."

I was down in Burlington, Washington this past weekend and evidently Sportsmans Warehouse has also been acquired by UFA. Nice store with lots of goodies for the outdoor enthusiest. Prices were definately cheaper, but they didn't carry any of the items I happen to be looking for, single action reels, other than Shimano or Daiwa. No Hardy Longstones, Islanders or TFO's. Hopefully, this new store in Nanaimo will be more geared towards the Canadian consumer. I asked at their fishing counter about the Islanders and evidently the current management didn't want to carry them. Not sure of the reason.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

I was down in Burlington, Washington this past weekend and evidently Sportsmans Warehouse has also been acquired by UFA. Nice store with lots of goodies for the outdoor enthusiest. Prices were definately cheaper, but they didn't carry any of the items I happen to be looking for, single action reels, other than Shimano or Daiwa. No Hardy Longstones, Islanders or TFO's. Hopefully, this new store in Nanaimo will be more geared towards the Canadian consumer. I asked at their fishing counter about the Islanders and evidently the current management didn't want to carry them. Not sure of the reason.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

Whose UFA?
Only UFA I know is the United Farmers of Alberta.

Nothing wrong with a bit of competition, I guess, but if the selection is 'awesome', I can see checking it out.

I stopped into a Cabela's in Phoenix when I was there last fall, and, while they had a huge selection of guns, rifles, shot, and pistols, virtually the rest of the store was Cabelas private label stuff only. I didn't expect saltwater gear like we use, but thought there would be more choice in trout gear. Hopefully Wholesale isn't headed that way.

Whose UFA?
Only UFA I know is the United Farmers of Alberta.

Nothing wrong with a bit of competition, I guess, but if the selection is 'awesome', I can see checking it out.

I stopped into a Cabela's in Phoenix when I was there last fall, and, while they had a huge selection of guns, rifles, shot, and pistols, virtually the rest of the store was Cabelas private label stuff only. I didn't expect saltwater gear like we use, but thought there would be more choice in trout gear. Hopefully Wholesale isn't headed that way.

Back