Who is the Best Mid Island Dealer for Outboard Trade-in

wagner

Looking to trade-in 2004 135 Honda for a smaller hp, lighter outboard. Considering 90hp 4 strokes and Evinrude etecs. Who is the best, fairest dealer in the Comox, Campbell, Nanaimo area. Any input would be appreciated.

They will all bite. Just wave money in front of them. It can take a number of calls around to get your best deal. Don't forget to call Parkville and Port boat houses, Parker Marine X 3, SG Power in Vic. Be sure of what you want and you will notice huge price differences. Try CASH to close the deal.

From everything ive heard, those Etec's are great motors... either way you cant go wrong...

Fish Assassin. I guess the main question I have is who gives fair market on your trade-ins. Maybe expecting a dealer to give a fair price between the wholesale and the retail is unreasonable. I gotta think that a 04 135 Honda should get some decent money. What is your opinion.

Trading in a used outboard that has had salt water use seems to get very little-you may do better to work an all cash deal and sell your outboard privately. The one example I am sure on is that The best I was offered was 5000 for a 2003 225 yaMMi in good condition with 550 hours on a 300 hp Yammi plus digital package. The best all round deal I got was at Port boathouse alberni- You should get the best deal by rights at a Honda dealer since it is their product-but don't expect a lot!! Good Luck!!

Sherwood marine in Victoria (Saanich Area) deals Honda, Yammy, Evinrude, and Suzuki....Might be a place to try.

Thanks for all the good info. Went with 115 etec from Parkers in Courtenay. Will sell Honda privately. Check buy and sell section if interested.

Back