Which new 120 hp 4 stroke to buy?

I was at lordship marine today talking to Murray and it looks like I just may go with the 115 etec. i was not expecting the price to be that much lower than a 4 stroke zuke or merc, looks like about 2,000 less. yamaha is definitely out of the picture now. thanks for all the input guys.

Good choice. When my 70 dies I'll be repowering with a 90 ETEC.

I was at lordship marine today talking to Murray and it looks like I just may go with the 115 etec. i was not expecting the price to be that much lower than a 4 stroke zuke or merc, looks like about 2,000 less. yamaha is definitely out of the picture now. thanks for all the input guys.

was price the only thing that was a game changer? You said earlier 4stroke again for sure.

the price was a big reason but I'll list a few more that I wasn't really aware of before talking to Murray and really checking out the etecs.( I was bent on the 4 stroke at 1st because I was very happy with mine, still am, and I didn't want the extra cost of using oil and dealing with any problem that could come with an oil injection system, had a 150 2stroke merc years ago that fried a cylinder when the system failed, under warranty luckily)
-the no break in is nice with no service for the 1st 300 hours or 3 yrs.
-self flushing cooling system and the auto storage
-designed to troll better than the 4strokes, I troll with my main even though i have a kicker
-fuel consumption should be the same or maybe better overall (my 90 zuke is pretty good though, 50 bucks and out 4 11 hours yesterday)
-higher alternator output
-i get to deal with lordship which is closer and the owner is a great guy.

Back