Where to buy Yamashita turd hootchies in LM

i went out on a fishing charter in Pender and the guy used these hootchies called turds. They worked amazingly. Does anyone know where I can them in the Lower Mainland? Preferably in the Van around.

I believe they carry them at Pacific net and twine in Steveston. Not sure which colours they carry. You might want to check first online, or give a call.

Searun Fly and Tackle in Coquitlam does have Yamashita Kajiki Squids, same thing different name what you are looking for but Searun has a small selection but try Pacific Net and Twin or Berry Bait and Tackle also.

I found the Yamashita ones but I don't think they were the ones that the charter had as they were a hollow head. The ones I am after have a solid head, no sure the make but he said these were the ones to get. Anyone have an idea on the make of this kind?

B2 Squid, plus lots of knock offs-copies from the orient these days. Do a search online and you will find a ton of them. Search along the lines of

Squid bait lure, or similar terms

That could be a Supertackle "Get Reel" 6.5 inch model. Cheaper than Yozuri by far. Or it could be one of the Yozuri with an oil slick coating. Neither is solid, leaving room for glow beads, elongated glow gumpuckies, sparkly inserts, or (don't forget it between trips, or over the winter) a piece of anchovy.

Back