where are the crabs/prawns @

C'mon guys, he's just a lad, surely someone can help him out? Throw him a fricken bone? :)

No...... ;)

I'm still a kid (I would like to think) and when I grew up I didn't have a forum to hand feed me info.

Give a man a fish. Teach a man to .... blah blah...These forums are a gateway to give a man a fish.

There is too many juniors on here now so I will call you Junior13

Junior13,
If you search the board you will find preferred baits, preferred contours, ... in preferred spots.

Do some research Junior13. Go out with your old man and try it.

That's all the

4170bone.jpg

I give you Junior

Here's a real bone ... Not sure if it applies this time of year, straight out in front of HMCS Quadra, you can see the slope on sounder in 90'-110' of water, try and drop trap midway. Drop trap on a good tide change, and keep your eyes on it. If your into red rock crab, out in front of kingfisher is plentiful.
Avoid the ferry hole @ denman, much more productive spots on other side of island, check a chart and look for likely suspects.

Hey Fishkiller13-- how big is your boat??? Can you travel a bit ? There are crabs all the way from up the east coast of the Island ... you just have to get at them! Without giving up too many secrets (Dont want Lippy on my butt) You can try Baynes Sound from Deep Bay to Comox----85-120ft. But dont expect too much and watch for trap raiders. A lot of the little bays around Campbell River and Quadra Island give up a few as well. You will have to explore. Above Browns bay, there are some decent crabs around Sonora. But the fall NW winds can be brutal.

Back in the good old days, I used to get limits of crabs right at the mouth of the Campbell River dipnetting them at very low tides. Just watch for aircraft. Its now up to you.......go get em

Back