When selling a boat in BC

sir-vivor

I'm going to be privately selling my boat and boat trailer was wondering if anyone can give me with some info on the tax issures and what you did or wish you would have done.
If you wish you can PM me.
You help is greatly appreciated as I know nothing about the subject and greatly appreciate any and all comments.
Thanks
Clint

Last edited:
As a seller, you have no tax obligations, that is on the buyer. It was easy as that when I sold my last boat, which was fully registered in my name and I had paid the taxes owing when I had purchased / registered initially.

I would ensure you keep a copy of the Bill of Sale in case at some point the boat is involved in some sort of event causing liability, or simply just abandoned. Seems a lot of people dodge the taxes by not completing the transfer paperwork. If I’m the last owner on record I would want to have proof I sold it, when and to who!

Thanks Guys , like I've said to myself since being on this forum, if in doubt go ask the sportfishingbc.com Bros !!! Gonna miss you all be still going to but if I can will checking in once an awhile.
Again , thanks everyone , My stripers gonna be posted in the next couple of days on here. So hope hear from u on it and hope one of u money bags will give her a good home , shes been good to me for 11yrs and I know gonna make some one very happy. Especially when I just installed the deisel heater , what a game changer being dry and warm all the time.
Clint aka Sir-Vivor
PS Special thanks to felix for your patience and help with every question I had on the install. Tight lines and safe travels Bud !
And
Seth on the mechanical end

Back