Whats the story with Pender

Sr SQ

Guys I am heading up to Pender on Sat and was wondering if any of the locals want to relinquish any up to date info on where/what to fish, PM me if you want to keep it secret lol :)
I havent been there since the 80s but I remember mooching at the A-frame, Barrie Shoals, doing the run to Texada and Lasqueti isl.
Are these areas still the spots, do you still mooch live bait or is it all trolling now?
Any info would be great
TIA
Sr

do you mean Denman or Hornby Island? I don't think you'd be doing a casual run from Pender to Lasqueti as that is over 100km.

Yea he's talking about Pender Harbour. I think you can still get live herring at Secret Cove. Was pretty hot this time last year at Lasqueti but I too have wondered what the fishing has been like this year.

fished the bottom end of Texada night before last, picked up one spring about 8 lbs, 140 feet green splatter back

Yep Pender harbour and yep I know speeelin isnt my strong point DB
Now that we know where and how its spelt, any other tips :p?

Robert, last time I fished pt upwood we mooched so thanks for the tip on trolling.

Yes Buccaneer Marina in Secret Cove still has live herring for all you moochers out there.

Other usual spots for around the upper Sunshine Coast: Epsom Pt, Sangster Isl, Young Pt, Pt Upwood.

Well spent the afternoon at upwood and Anderson bay but only ended up with 1 undersized and 2 other pop offs
Any other spots I should try?

The Pilings south to Anderson bay have been producing some fair size springs as of last night. Troll the 140 to 200 foot depth counters & vary your depths. We've been trolling the new products from Nog & Sea owl with good success on both. Good luck.

heard of 2 30+ pulled out around cory bay, pilings are still very hot. lot of shakers and small guys but its non-stop action with the odd lunker mixed in.

80-135 on white hoochies or white lantern spoon. heard the usual stuff works great as well too

Tough fishing this weekend up there... Marked very, very little fish on the sounder. Tried Texada pillings yesterday and there was the usual bait (or grilse I am thinking maybe) in close to shore as it has been (round 150-100'). I usually mark far more fish going by and saw so little this time around. From what I do see, marking at 110'-80' ish, we are right there and not getting any bites (Nog Spoon, Army Truck/SB Hootch which has worked, Irish Cream, KS etc). Tried all different depths on the contours from 100' to 400'. Not the best tides this weekend either, but really doubtful it matters, just no fish! Maybe there at the wrong time of day, who knows.

I honestly think it starts to tail right off to almost nothing around this time of year. Was more productive last week for Quarry Bay/Texada, not much to be seen at all now.

Considering taking some longer rides to different locations if that will be more productive next time I am up. Definitely more fish on the west side of Texada I think...

Back