What was your highlight of the year?

Islander57

My highlight was fishing Bamfield for the first time. This town really seems to grasp the concept of tourism. Everyone we met was friendly, has all the amenities and our time at the Seabeam was awesome. I really look forward to exploring the many fishing opportunities that this area has to offer.

My highlight was fishing Bamfield for the first time. This town really seems to grasp the concept of tourism. Everyone we met was friendly, has all the amenities and our time at the Seabeam was awesome. I really look forward to exploring the many fishing opportunities that this area has to offer.

That is cool, did you tow your boat there? Go on a charter (if so which one and did you like them)? Rent a boat?

I would also love to do that. But my truck and trailer combined is 56' and overheight. So that is a $360 ferry ride one way. I could drive the boat there but of course that is not as fast as towing.

Highlight for me was hiring a charter who showed us some new spots and techniques in area 16, Sunshine Coast.

My brother and I made a trip to Winter Harbour for 4 days. Towed the boat up from mid island and launched at coal harbour. A bit of an adventure as it was our first real west coast trip. Happy with the boat and our catch although we could have done better with some local knowledge.

Too bad it was a 1 time thing. Boat and all my gear going up for sale soon because of house renos and 2 years of summer work booked.

For me, no doubt, It’s been the amount I’ve learned and the people I’ve met! I have fished with a half dozen members and I have some big plans in the works for next year which I’m very jacked up about. Oh yeah, and our first baby too.

Just wrapped up our highlight :)

Finally able to get out with our neighbours after many attempts to do so. Headed to Rathtrevor and pulled up Dungeness Crab. Moved over to Ballenas and played a wild coho asap. Trolled for a bit off the lighthouse without success but were then given one of the best Humpback displays I ever seen! Endless rolls and breeches. After this show, we moved in and picked up well over 300 prawns. Came home and finished with a great seafood meal, good wine, and great laughs. Simply cannot beat what we have at our doorstep.

Was able to go boat camping with the wife on my new to me DE 185; something i have always wanted to do. Cruised around Teakerne Arm, Roscoe Bay, Refuge Cove and Finally anchored in Tenedos Bay. Steak dinner, nice wine, and a nice sundown and finally a nice sleep. Heaven.

By far was taking my girlfriend out and getting her her biggest Chinook ever, 41 lbs, caught and released! Day before caught and released a 40 with a guest, best two days of the season for me! Both gave me a nice kick splash on way back home too :)

AAUwayl.jpg

Last edited:
Lol. That one post sums up you’re contribution to this forum. Troll. Easy as that. Thank you for that, I laughed out loud :D Also still flattered you follow me around like a puppy dog ;):)
What part of fish need water to breath don't you understand leave fish in water forget the hero shot not to mention all the protective slim of the fish all over your gf coat

LOL. Ok. Just saw dozens of the same pictures from a lodge that released over 50
Tyees this year. Guess they should of just bonked em... including a 59lber. Not to mention all the langara lodges who catch and release (same way)... Always enjoy the dumb comments :D:p

At the risk of offending the more sensitive folks who may say," you shouldn't have caught this or you didn't handle it properly etc etc" I post these pics as my most memorable moments of the year. Caught, landed and released this one on the Frazer last week with my Grandson. He was one very excited kid when it flew out of the water just after being hooked. It was one very special day for us, made possible by my brother-in-law who is a guide and was very particular on how we played, landed, handled and released this fish. Sorry it's not a Salmon but we've had no luck with the big ones this year.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 178
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Definite highlight of the year was a week long trip with good buddies to the central coast. Left from Port Hardy and spent a week on the boat fishing Rivers to Milbanke. Will be a trip I plan every year or every other year from now on. Fishing was great but it's not what makes the trip. So many incredible sights to see from the landscape to the marine life. We live in an amazing place!!

I love Milbanke Sound. I've fished from Cheney Point to Cape Mark and out to McInnes Island. Great fishing

Last edited:
Renting a cabin on Bamfield waterfront and fishing in calm and sun for 4 days. Although the fishing wasn't lights out for us, the scenery, bears, whales and company with cold beers made it a great trip.

Back