what spoons and plugs to buy?

im planning two trips out to the chuck this year. one week out to rupert 3rd week in june and one week out to tofino 3rd week in july. i want to stock up on plugs and spoons before i head out. i have pretty much only used bait so my tackle box is pretty empty. i was wondering what plugs and spoons i should order up before i go? from what i have read pilchard patterns are pretty popular for tofino in the summer. what number of tomics work best for these? is number 6 classics a pretty good all around size? 5 or 6 inch spoons? mabe get a few tubbies so i can pull them with spoons? do you order them with rattle or echip? any and all help is appreciated. thanks. Bard

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Zurtro Lures for spoons. Very good quality and some amazing colors that work well. I have had very good results with these spoons. Even do well on halli with them which surprised me!!
He ships very quick if you need shipping.

www.zurtrolures.ca

Can't go wrong with a #602 and #500 Tomic plug in the tackle box....also a #700 plug.
5 and 6 inch.....plus same in Tubbies for slower troll.

Pac Net & Twine in Parksville has some really good Pilchard-style plugs. (talk to Rob Van Pelt).

Big "Cop car" spoons seem to always produce out there. Big meaning 5 inch and bigger.
Zurtro "Rosco" spoon (visit Zurtro lures site) is a west coast killer.

Tomic makes some killer Pilchard spoons as well.......

The "Turd" hoochy (yep, that's what it's sold as) is popular off Ukee and Tofino.

Also the Yamashita OAL12R white U/V hoochy behind a Purple Haze flasher is good off there.

Can't go wrong with a #602 and #500 Tomic plug in the tackle box....also a #700 plug.
5 and 6 inch.....plus same in Tubbies for slower troll.

Pac Net & Twine in Parksville has some really good Pilchard-style plugs. (talk to Rob Van Pelt).

Big "Cop car" spoons seem to always produce out there. Big meaning 5 inch and bigger.
Zurtro "Rosco" spoon (visit Zurtro lures site) is a west coast killer.

Tomic makes some killer Pilchard spoons as well.......

The "Turd" hoochy (yep, that's what it's sold as) is popular off Ukee and Tofino.

Also the Yamashita OAL12R white U/V hoochy behind a Purple Haze flasher is good off there.

X2 pretty well nailed it... :)

Sea fever named a few of my favourites,Ive never heard of the rosco though I guess I know what Im buying next,the uv turd is a smoke show also just like the originl.I had a salmon
puke up a squid after I got him on board and it was the spitting image of the original turd match the hatch????? there killers!!!!!!

Tight lines
Billydoo

What are the numbers of the pilchard plugs?Or do I just specify in the comments when ordering what I would like. Checked out the zurtro spoons and will be placing an order. Very nice looking.

Bard..........The Pilchard patterns used a lot are 545 and 546. There are of course others. Here is shot of them from this years Stocking....lol Both are shown in 6 inch Tubbies......:)

Attachments

• 804.jpg
    804.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 349
Yeah, what Seafever said but i use BAIT. It always works.

Check out Zurtro Lures for spoons. Very good quality and some amazing colors that work well. I have had very good results with these spoons. Even do well on halli with them which surprised me!!
He ships very quick if you need shipping.

www.zurtrolures.ca

.... Big "Cop car" spoons seem to always produce out there. Big meaning 5 inch and bigger.
Zurtro "Rosco" spoon (visit Zurtro lures site) is a west coast killer....

Thanks for the kind words guys. We will be out in Barkley for the long weekend and will post some pics of the zurtro's in action when we get back.

Also the Glow Green Haze and Glow Purple Haze will be available next week.

Thanks,

BT

im planning two trips out to the chuck this year. one week out to rupert 3rd week in june and one week out to tofino 3rd week in july. i want to stock up on plugs and spoons before i head out. i have pretty much only used bait so my tackle box is pretty empty. i was wondering what plugs and spoons i should order up before i go? from what i have read pilchard patterns are pretty popular for tofino in the summer. what number of tomics work best for these? is number 6 classics a pretty good all around size? 5 or 6 inch spoons? mabe get a few tubbies so i can pull them with spoons? do you order them with rattle or echip? any and all help is appreciated. thanks. Bard

PM sent Bard.

Conventional wisdom is that Pilchard imitations work great off Tofino and Uke in July. The best one I've found is called Blue Label Herring. That plug can be so hot the manufacturer sometimes puts them in a tray and freezes them just to even the playing field a bit...

X2 ya I forgot to say that I'm a bait pig... :)

Well you got the last part right (lol) I'm coming thru on the June 6th you gonna be around for lunch?

Back