What size prop do I need?

albernifisher

I recently added a pod and outboard to my boat and now I need to get a prop. It's an older 21' Trophy hard top with a 200 Merc and it's VERY heavy.

Anyone have any suggestions on diameter & pitch? 3 or 4 blade?

IMGP0912.jpg

3 blade 17 pitch prop would be a good place to start i bet it will be perfect.

I had a 21' trophy w/175hp and uses a high 5 stainless 19 pitch which worked good all around. Great hole shot, powered through sharp turns and a good top end.

4 blade. I'll never go back to 3. Get a prop shop-not dealer to help you get the right pitch

A prop shop should let you demo props until you find the right one for your boat, just don't ding it up!

Good luck

agreed. Prop shop for advice for sure. Most places will give you a few to try as well before making selection.
Is there a prop shop in Port? Ill bet steve at the boat house would help you out, or Doug at Breakers.. Failing all else, start with a standard 14x 19 (alum), less for stainless.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Rev on Stewart Ave or Vic props just up from Stewart are both good(I prefer Vic props)
Saw your boat sitting on East Wellington with the fresh pod...I'd love to do the same to mine. Maybe someday.

If the shop on Stewart in Nanaimo can't help, I highly recommend Doug at Breakers in Port Alberni, they do all my service work. Very fast turn around, great service. I can call Gordie in Bamfield from Big Bank and he is waiting for me at the boat ramp with a trailer to get my problem fixed and back in the water before the next day. You can't go wrong.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Back