What Is OK On This Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerengetiGuide

I'm curious, where is the line on the forum on what can be said and can't be? When do Admin's delete threads on common and IMPORTANT issues to us as fishermen and us in general as Canadians? I would say a huge political scandal in Canada would be fair game in the General Forum, and if poor statements are said then those individuals be punished, not stifling conversation about said topic like has been done so far (2 deleted threads with literally zero responses). I would like to talk politics in the General Forum, why is this not ok when the majority of us discuss it respectfully? Liberal bias?

To me "General Open Forum" implies topics un-related to the main forum genre of the website focus. In this case non-related to the subject of fishing. It ain't my site, so it is what ever they decide it is. Lots of my posted topics get deleted all the time. Oh well. :)

Powerful Woman. Good on her.

I wonder the same thing, the threads in question sometimes have little to do with fishing but they're very interesting and drive a ton of traffic and clicks. There's only so many pink hoochie threads a guy wants to read. I'm on other forums with specific politics section and carry over to the general forum is strictly policed. The policing may be an issue of time and manpower. Either way it's not my sandbox and not my rules, I respect the site owner and appreciate the resource.

I think the site staff is doing a terrific job. Yep, politics belong in the politics section of the forum. Makes sense.

If they get into the saltwater or general threads, I notice they are usually left alone unless it gets so far off topic for quite a while or the posts become personal or vulgar.

I don’t see a problem here. Nice job administrators!

I'm curious, where is the line on the forum on what can be said and can't be? When do Admin's delete threads on common and IMPORTANT issues to us as fishermen and us in general as Canadians? I would say a huge political scandal in Canada would be fair game in the General Forum, and if poor statements are said then those individuals be punished, not stifling conversation about said topic like has been done so far (2 deleted threads with literally zero responses). I would like to talk politics in the General Forum, why is this not ok when the majority of us discuss it respectfully? Liberal bias?
You still hanging out with Lorne Mayencourt :eek:;):D

We have been very clear over the years that, if it is a political topic that has nothing to do with fishing it will not stay. If you want to debate political topics find a forum that is all about politics and fill your boots. Like religion, politics is best left out of a conversation with strangers as it always leads to someone going off the rails about their "correct" point of view and we have to step in and clean it up. There are many members who complain about the fighting, personal shots and cyber bullying that come from social media and political topics are among the worst for such behaviour. If you don't like our guidelines you have the right to not participate but we are not going to referee the fighting and nonsense that comes with political threads that are not directly related to fishing.
We are not going to have a public debate about it either so this thread is closed. If you have anything you would like to tell us about you can provide feedback via PM or email anytime.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back