What Do You Eat When You're Out Fishing?

I,ve heard rumors Lucky rules on vi , it must be true.

Pretty sure the Island RUNS on Lucky :)

Seeing alot of our fare...

safeway lumberjack
hot peperoni
routissurie chicken busted up into sandwhichs. add mayo and thats it...damn good.
beer, nothing, absolutely nothings beats a Guiness in the morning. After that is lagers.
pickled eggs

Safeway Lumberjack, beef jerky, peperoni, coffee with or without an octane boost, Hawkins Cheezies, leftover KFC, leftover pizza, coke, boiled eggs, and beer. I avoid mixing the last two if there are shared accomodations involved with the fishing trip.

A good cuban to savour is in order after the Lumberjack sandwich.

No bananas, oranges, or fish.

I have a special sandwhich that I make every time I'm on the Spring hunt. I call it the Spring Salmon Special. Every time I start eating that sangy my rods start bouncing. Go figure. I won't give it away but will say it includes a big slice of a Walla Walla onion.;)eman

Even Jimi drank Lucky. :p

If I eat when I'm fishing, usually it's some gas station sandwich that pick up at some ungodly hour on the way to the ramp, and a gatorade.

jimmyandlucky.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am blessed to have my wife fishing with me most of the time, she preps the food and it is always great. Sausage and egg sandwich, rice and chicken, stir fry, etc.

No issues with bananas on my boat.

Jamon serrano, Shopshire and Parmigianino cheese, a French loaf, low sodium roasted almonds and a good full bodied Rioja. I'll also take a few Stella’s or Lucky's for hot days. Can you buy High Test still??
hay caramba..NO TAPAS!!! :confused:

Among having sandwiches, beef jerky and other snacks on board.......this has ALWAYS been the "good luck" snack while fishing and it's rare to not find a bag on the boat. And "any old" cheezies won't do....they must be Hawkins.

If things slow down we usually sacrifice a few to the fish gods. ;)

newbag1.jpg

Also good for starting a fire if need be.....ever done that Scott?? It burns like plastic.......

For me, I usually pack a couple PB&J buns, some moose sausage, bear pepperoni, couple cans of POP and a few bottles of water. Used to have a few cold ones (lucky or bud light w/lime), but rarely do now.

Cheers

SS

"And "any old" cheezies won't do....they must be Hawkins".
Funny we have a buddy in our fleet,his nick - name is "Orange Fingers" .. I wonder how he got that name :D

Not much. May have a coffee or tea. Not much of anything else

safeway lumberjack
hot peperoni
routissurie chicken busted up into sandwhichs. add mayo and thats it...damn good.
beer, nothing, absolutely nothings beats a Guiness in the morning. After that is lagers.
pickled eggs
I dont think I would want to be within sniffin range of that boat:D

Pre-cut the tomatoes and store them in one of those hard ziplock containers. Gotta have tomatoes on your samie.

Cherry tomatoes and green onions. Bite of cheese bun, pop a cherry tomato and bite of green onion. No muss no fuss.

Wayne

X2 on the Hawkins Cheezies.
I always tell my guests to bring the food and drinks and suggest to them that it better be good.
The results vary...... from Subway to excellent.

Back