What do you drive???

ill Second or third? The ford interiors,
and im 6'5'' and feel normal inside compared to all the other vehicles ive been in :p
The tundras seem nice but the axles, as previously discussed on here before, are like a 4.1 instead of the domestic 3.7?? or something liek that which doesnt make for a very good towing ratio. rumors are that there also a 3/4 ton truck marketed as a 1/2 ton

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:Originally posted by Time

FA
What's the gear in the last picture?

Amps and a Battery cap

quote:ill Second or third? The ford interiors,
and im 6'5'' and feel normal inside compared to all the other vehicles ive been in :p

I know at 6'7" I love the way it "fits" me.

Take only what you need.

Take only what you need.

I use to work at a Ford and a Chev dealership that helped with why I have a Chevy
03 2500HD 6.0L and it doesn't even know the camper and boat are behind 9800lbs

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

The tundras seem nice but the axles, as previously discussed on here before, are like a 4.1 instead of the domestic 3.7?? or something liek that which doesnt make for a very good towing ratio. rumors are that there also a 3/4 ton truck marketed as a 1/2 ton

4.10's are better for towing anyday, just not as fuel efficient when not towing

Pulling a 20ft tin boat (2500lbs or so) with a 2008 Tundra. Been good so far. Wish it had 4x4 for them slippery ramps but maybe next time. 5.7L could use a bigger tank (only 70some litres) it seems I'm at the pump quite a bit these days and I'm not a heavy foot at all LOL.
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

quote:I use to work at a Ford and a Chev dealership that helped with why I have a Chevy
03 2500HD 6.0L and it doesn't even know the camper and boat are behind 9800lbs

I rented an 03 3500hd Chev diesel for about 2 months. That was what led me to get my Ford. No problems with the Chevy I rented. I just liked the Ford better when it came time for a test drive. When I stepped on the pedal I expected a slow - medium take off, not the Mustang like acceleration that I experienced.

Take only what you need.

for me it was the reliability , when I worked up north and the Ford F350's were going thru balljoint and fornt end components every 12-20km as loggers truck, and Chevs were going 70-100km on front ends that made my decision easier. Mind you everyone has opinion, and now on the new Ford Superduty special tools is a kit that attaches to the hoist for cab removall on most engine repairs, and dacronized bolts that need to be replaced every time the come out....might not be fun in the long run.

A friend of mine still works at Ford, and they had a new Superduty come in with a check engine light on....a rodent had chewed some wiring at the back of the engine, the repair time was 18hour to lift the cab off to access wiring....the bill was $2400 for the repair...$250 in bolts alone......what the heck was Ford thinking when the designed these[B)]

Again I am not knocking any one who owns a Ford, or Dodge for that matter, it all comes down to preferences on what a person likes.

The 5.9 Cummins is hard to beat thats for sure

I always had a bowtie on my heart, the big oval signed the cheques:)

You can find a lemon in every bunch and they all have certain issues.

It used to be only Fords for Oil field work and logging crummies. now it is chevy and Dodge. Guess it all depends on the year. The Flatland surveyors swear by the 07 - early 07 dodge with the 5.9 cummins after replacing the crappy stock front end bushings. My next ride 07 5.9 cummins Laramie 3500. For now my 00 old Lariat superduty 7.3 is purring along just fine.

www.tailspincharters.com

My 95 dodge dakota 5.9l, bought and paid for, does us quite well, from campers,boats and hunting. but for everyday pissen around town we use the 05 toy echo at close to 55 miles to the gallon

Looking for an older 7.3 power stroke myself. Heard the boys at Suburban are not enjoying pulling the cabs off new 6.0 L. I am with you Striper, what was Ford thinking ??

Tournament Proven !

We just got rid of our '05 Honda Pilot. They have a 4500lb towing capacity. Depends on what you need of course, but the Honda had no issue towing our Striper 1851 and doubles as a great kid-mobile for my wife to haul around the rugrats. 7 passenger capable (but not when you're towing of course).

Lots of comments about power and fuel consumption. After seeing that Whaler push that GM pickup off the road between Renfrew and Victoria last summer, I'd being asking about braking capability and how to keep your boat from coming through the cab. Who stops best ??

pescador

quote:Originally posted by pescador

Lots of comments about power and fuel consumption. After seeing that Whaler push that GM pickup off the road between Renfrew and Victoria last summer, I'd being asking about braking capability and how to keep your boat from coming through the cab. Who stops best ??

pescador

that can be a huge factor, alot of pickup now adays have the pull power but rgardless of that you need some weight upfront to keep things in line and brakes that can slow it down. If possible I always like the rig upfront to be heavier that what its towing.

I have an 08 Dodge with the 6.7 litre and the engine brake, only 50K on it right now and no problems, YET.
Man that Jake is nice in the mountians when pulling the boat.
I have had a couple Fords, an 06 and an 04. Had the usual problems with them, injectors, head gaskets and turbo's. Lot's of power though.
Thought I would try the Dodge for a change. After a few trips out to Rupert I would have to say I like the Cummins power a little better than the Ford.
A little more on the bottom end, with the 6 cylinder.
My 02 Dodge I use for work gets my award for mileage and reliabilty.
250K, 20 some MPG and purr's like a kitten.

That whaler that got destroyed (quite a site) was being towed by just a little gmc quad cab a boat that size you need a way bigger truck I dont think any truck would have survived what happened there.
For one the guy was going way to fast (from what his buddy told me at SS) for what the road conditions as it was that foggy mist on the road at the time a he paniced and slammed on the brakes.

As you know with towing anything you need to be prepared and look and plan way ahead of everything.

Btw I got the 05 F350 with the 5.4 triton engine and converted it to propane tows my boat no problem with that new injected system cost me 450 bucks to go to sask and back this past hunting season, as propane is so much cheaper. LOVE the truck

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by striperjack

pescador

that can be a huge factor, alot of pickup now adays have the pull power but rgardless of that you need some weight upfront to keep things in line and brakes that can slow it down. If possible I always like the rig upfront to be heavier that what its towing.
great comment. After having my boat push me along with my 97' Dakota through a red light one rainy day , I knew it was time to upgrade the size of truck I owned. Changed to a F-150 and it stopped a lot better. Now have changed to a F-350 6.0L and I can go and stop no problem.

quote:Originally posted by striperjack

pescador

great comment. After having my boat push me along with my 97' Dakota through a red light one rainy day , I knew it was time to upgrade the size of truck I owned. Changed to a F-150 and it stopped a lot better. Now have changed to a F-350 6.0L and I can go and stop no problem.

Back