18ft Welded Aluminum Ocean Sport FOR SALE

meatfish

Damn.

I spent 6 months and a ton of cash making this boat just the way I wanted it. Unforeseen circumstance has meant I must downsize.

Here are the details:

Price: $25,000 Firm
Call Mike if interested in viewing or sea trial - serious inquiries only please. 250-858-8564

Built by Ocean Sport - these boats are well known enough, but are not made anymore. Not sure where they were manufactured, but it seemed as though they were mostly all lodge boats. In the last year this boat has fished Rennell Sound (West Coast of the Queen Charlottes), Douglas Channel near Kitimat, Winter Harbour, Renfrew and Sooke. This boat was completely re-rigged last year with the main requirement being the safe and reliable operation in remote and inhospitable areas.

This boat is a tough customer and a lifelong fishing partner for the right person.

-18ft from bow to stern (including pod)
-Self Bailing Decks
-2007 Yamaha F150 (4 stroke) Has 162 hours on a new powerhead - records available at SG Power.
-2002 Yamaha F9.9 (4 Stroke) Trolling motor - no hour count - runs good.
-Both engines exceptionally well maintained - with the latest round of maintenance being new waterpumps, zincs (including engine block button zincs), leg oil and engine oil all done in June 2013.
-150L (ish) below deck fuel tank.
-Registered as a commercial vessel (has a CO number, I just haven't put the new stickers on yet) - and re-rigged spring 2013 to achieve SVCP certification. (Has many benefits including being able to use in a work situation - worksafebc approved)
-Dual Batteries - with main switch, start battery protection w/Blue seas ACR installed between house and start battery. 60A main breaker off House battery, leading to all house circuits that are BOTH switched and circuit protected (fuses). Re-wired 100% brand new spring 2013 using all ancor tinned copper wire. Both engines charge both batteries, while any draw (other than engine starter) comes off the house battery.
-Lockable storage in stern - main switch+batteries also located in here, so if locked the boat cannot be stolen under its own power.
-Welded seat boxes with storage underneath. 2 forward facing seats, 2 rear facing. Currently plywood tops are not upholstered - but I am getting this done prior to sale.
-Custom made to fit removeable welded storage bins (3) fit up underneath the bow. Centre bin holds my halibut anchor system and can be wheeled out as it is very heavy.

Electronics:
JRC Radar - awesome for Sooke in August
Lowrance Plotter Sounder (5"screen) with chart cards for BC Coast
Standard Horizon VHF Radio

Controls:
Yamaha 703 side mount control boxes for both engines.
Bay Star hydraulic steering for main with EZ connection for kicker (stays connected all the time)
Very cool UFLEX stainless and black rubber steering wheel

Other goodies:
1100GPH Bilge pump - can set to auto or manual
Bilge blower fan
Compass
Windshield Wipers
LED Nav lights and anchor lights
Welded aluminum Radar arch with rocket launcher style Rod holders (4)
36" high stern railing for extra safety
Wired for electric down riggers.

Surfaces:

Floor surfaces are finished with heavy duty non-skid. Inside of boat has black truck bed liner on seat boxes, dash and gunwales.

Trailer - in good shape. New bunks and bunk hardware this year. New bearings, new bearing buddies. Like all trailers, the wiring/lights are suspect, Mechanically sound.

100% Honest Disclosure: Here are a few grumbly bits:
The canvas is getting a little questionable. I have another new canvas with stainless frame that I think will work with some slight modifications - this is included.
Trailer lights need some work.
Sounder/plotter will occasionally lose it's position. This is quickly remedied by turning it off and on again.
Front centre window is cracked. Does not affect visibility or operation at all - I would be happy to fix this for a buyer.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,099
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,341
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg