What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Pulled the boat and removed the "hydrofoil SE4000" that I bought last week.It had no positive effects on the boat at all,just screwed up how it steered.Raised the motor up one hole ,it seemed to be too low,not performing as I'd like.We'll see if that helps when the wind goes away.Next try will be a different prop.I'm only getting 5300 RPM out of the 225 Yam WOT.Anybody have a slightly lower pitch than 17 for a Yamaha?
What is the redline for that engine, Ray? In hindsight, getting the rpm at or near redline with prop swaps before doing the foil would have been prudent.

Put a fresh coat of bottom paint on. Working my way up, will polish up the white and put a shine on the rub rail and possibly a little scraper action and paint on the window frames

Attachments

• CCC229A0-5A56-49F3-BD9B-EB97931F4618.jpeg
    CCC229A0-5A56-49F3-BD9B-EB97931F4618.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 69
I’ve found I have to cut polish the green hull to get it to bead water and look good. I’ve tried other methods and waxing but this works the best for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 21
After hearing some advice from folks re:separate tanks, I tinkered during nap time. Figured I can add 6 extra gallons (+19% increase in range), from two tanks to run my kicker. I still have space for my kill bag as well and my toes do not touch either when I’m standing against the motor well. I would need to get some quick connections installed on my fuel/water separator&fuel lines so I could connect my main or kicker to either main fuel or portable fuel. More money out the window but More better.

View attachment 92286
Spending money wisely doesn’t hurt nearly as much

Ran her for a few hours on allouette. Went to poco marine and bought a garbage bag holder and a deck transom mount for my minn kota. Tired of screwing it on and off and my fiberglass is angry at me for it. I cannot stress how essential garbage storage is on a small boat.
IMG_20230529_111957.jpg

Last edited:
Finally used it yesterday, shop had it for 7 weeks for an oil change… Then last weekend I serviced 4 of the breaks and replaced two hubs and backing plates on the trailer, new water/fuel filter because apparently that’s not part of the 100 hour service and finally all new parking breaks and cables for the tow vehicle. I’m ready for a trip up north or to the west coast!IMG_1046.jpeg

Pulled the boat, flushed motors, adjusted transducer up a C hair, put fixed Bimini back on, re did the fuel run for my kicker and new fittings to accommodate two extra 3 gallon tanks (separate fuel source should I ever get bad gas), cleaned windows to remove water spots, dry fitted old prop guard (too small), shopped for new prop guard.

Attachments

• IMG_7169.jpeg
    IMG_7169.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7170.jpeg
    IMG_7170.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 53
Bought a 2005 Lifetimer 1600 on Sunday with my dad, center console with Yamaha 60/4 Highliner trailer. Has 160 total hours and stored inside it looks pretty new. Got 2 new performance riggers, new HDS 7 Live and Airmar TM165HW. Should be pretty good for some fun days out fishing!

20230528_143418.jpg

Bought a 2005 Lifetimer 1600 on Sunday with my dad, center console with Yamaha 60/4 Highliner trailer. Has 160 total hours and stored inside it looks pretty new. Got 2 new performance riggers, new HDS 7 Live and Airmar TM165HW. Should be pretty good for some fun days out fishing!

View attachment 93028
So jealous

Back