What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Thought I would experiment with the Alumabrite acid that I use to get the brown staining off the bottom of the hull. I have an aluminum tool box on the front of my trailer that was getting oxidized and grease stained...so thought its called alumabrite so lets see what it does. I did a section so you can see the difference. Then I thought I wonder what it will do to galvanized wheels...so tried it on a small spot first to test. wheels look great compared to before. So I have more uses for this stuff now. 1st wheel pic only the rear is cleaned then 2nd is half the front wheel

Attachments

• toolbox.jpg
    toolbox.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 161
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 150
  • wheels1.jpg
    wheels1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 131
  • wheels2.jpg
    wheels2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 158
Got a new tilt helm installed. I learned I had the wrong helm from the factory when I inquired which tilt model was the right replacement for my original helm and cylinder combination. I talked to the Canadian Seastar rep and he told me my Seastar Pro helm was made for 80 mph bass boats and it loads up psi every time you turn the wheel. It is designed so you can’t crank the wheel over at high speeds. Apparently it requires higher pressure rated lines which weren’t installed in my boat either. I wondered why my wheel was so hard to turn and gave me a stiff neck after a few hours of boating and trolling.
When I got the boat home I put a Seadog spinner on the wheel as well. I can’t wait to try it out now.

I found out yesterday that Trotac carries Alumabrite in a 4 litre jug for about $25. I'll buy mine there from here on instead of bugging Keith at Blackline every couple of years.

Thought I would experiment with the Alumabrite acid that I use to get the brown staining off the bottom of the hull. I have an aluminum tool box on the front of my trailer that was getting oxidized and grease stained...so thought its called alumabrite so lets see what it does. I did a section so you can see the difference. Then I thought I wonder what it will do to galvanized wheels...so tried it on a small spot first to test. wheels look great compared to before. So I have more uses for this stuff now. 1st wheel pic only the rear is cleaned then 2nd is half the front wheel
"Blue stuff" at lordco does the same thing.

Bit of an update on the ol hourston, Fixed a small spot on the floor and a few areas where it was delaminating,tried my best to fair the edges and make it flush again, came out good I think lol. inspected stringers and added some more foam where I removed the old foam to Inspect the stringers rock solid and bone dry glassed it all up, primer then finished it in kiwi grip obviously a few areas I still need to fix, fill, sand, paint ect ect, lots of little things to do still but it’s coming along..slowly

Attachments

• 17BC1192-F105-42D4-82C1-F5EA4065891B.jpeg
    17BC1192-F105-42D4-82C1-F5EA4065891B.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 139
  • E8E20D40-F72C-4B0A-8B1B-26FB983CE56F.jpeg
    E8E20D40-F72C-4B0A-8B1B-26FB983CE56F.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 9A3E9A02-8D02-4176-84BB-1D45B6E0A319.jpeg
    9A3E9A02-8D02-4176-84BB-1D45B6E0A319.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 142
I got my new Sea B Que mounted today. Ready for some Father’s Day grillin’ on Sunday!

“No DFO, I brought this whole Chinook from home.”

View attachment 67290
When I had that one, on that mount, I used to put an aluminum pan with a hole for the scotty stud under the bbq. I found the grease and drips from the steam fell out the back and made a mess of the boat. Worked like a charm. Great BBQ.

The Blue stuff from lordco works or is the same as alumabrite ?? apply , let stand then spray , and doesnt hurt gel coat ?

I got my new Sea B Que mounted today. Ready for some Father’s Day grillin’ on Sunday!

“No DFO, I brought this whole Chinook from home.”
Where did you get the mount buddy, don’t have the same bbq but looking for something similar I can modify it to make it work or maybe just build my own mount..that’s exactly what I’m looking for
View attachment 67290

Back