What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Mechanic came today and dealt with the trim problem, sort of, I ended up getting it going myself but he did help point to the main issue that I originally missed so hopefully I can hit the water this weekend.

Vaguely boat related... modifying an old Garmin GPS receiver puck so it can sync sports timer from GPS satellite UTC time. Some soldering, some reprogramming... how hard can it be???

Rear canvas. I have new appreciation of the canvas trade. Also bought and mounted Kicker plumbed fuel line. If any have suggestions for the best way of hooking the steering to the main . The kicker is 2 feet behind the transom on the swim step.This morning re packed the wheel bearings.

Attachments

• 20210515_124250.jpg
    20210515_124250.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 128
  • 20210515_124323.jpg
    20210515_124323.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 112
Drilled and pulled out a non-stainless gas filler cap screw, replaced a seadog 50amp breaker with a blueseas, installed a new 02 sensor, got my shot, cleaned out the pitot speed inlet on my leg but now have to replace the cracked tubing. You can get so much done when your planned 48hour epic fishing trip weather change results in your limit of hali in 2 hours. Still have a vhf upgrade with AIS integration into my chart plotter to do, any NMEA experts who have had the shot in Victoria feel like coming over this week and helping me for a case of beer or future hali trip? Family is taking off for the week, should have the boat dialed in if I don’t order more toys!

Got my new motors to me running, 90hp Honda took a bit to fill the float bowls but after it fired right up and idled well, the 9.9 yammy took a bit as it was empty in the float bowl as well but once running, fired up first push every time. Now just need to install pedestal seat and wire up my remote throttle control that I built along with the tie bar steering.

Drilled my 1st holes in the boat. Added a large piece of Starboard across the top of the fish box and installed 3 Scotty mounts to switch between rod/cup holder and Nauti Marine bait table.

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_134824_315.jpg
    IMG_20210516_134824_315.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 92
Back