What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

me and my little girl "winterized" the boat.
broke in the new kicker and tried out her new rod and reel. she went 3 for 6 and let me catch one as well.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4034.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4034.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 151
  • thumbnail_IMG_4070.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4070.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 147
  • thumbnail_IMG_4035.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4035.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 150
Installed a radar after parting together a radar arch and having a (terrible) welder mangle the job. It will hold for now but will take off the arch when I can get a hold of welding equipment to do it myself.

The radar is a Raymarine Quantum Chirp that wifi's to my Raymarine Element MFD. I decided to get one and after fishing in fog this past fall out in sooke I'll be glad to have it for such occasions when the fog rolls in thick.

Not all within the last week but have been doing a bit of interior decorating.

New steering wheel, windshield, tempress seats upfront and re did the rear bench seat to match the charcoal grey.

Just hunted for a gently used 150 merc now to replace the 90. And yes, she needs a pressure wash.6792CBDB-F2E2-485D-BB1C-27F3A1ABEEA5.pngB858552E-6BE6-4DA4-9697-321F8AB1AFB2.png80157CAB-EDEE-4E40-8CB9-4B497D497658.pngC46FFB23-795F-4D28-8859-8C119AB62016.png

Not all within the last week but have been doing a bit of interior decorating.

New steering wheel, windshield, tempress seats upfront and re did the rear bench seat to match the charcoal grey.

Just hunted for a gently used 150 merc now to replace the 90. And yes, she needs a pressure wash.View attachment 61193View attachment 61194View attachment 61195View attachment 61196
where did you get the windshield? please.. buddy in bam busted his off and the 2x4 holding it together is on its way out.

where did you get the windshield? please.. buddy in bam busted his off and the 2x4 holding it together is on its way out.
Archer Plastics, they were great to deal with. Custom made, fit like a glove and they even lended me their custom drill bits for mounting holes.

Where did you get the steering wheel. Looks really nice. Did it come with the knob or was that an addition?

Oly

I got my Scotty counter fixed at Scotty’s shop today. They gave me an extra for out on the water. great folks there!

Also spent more quality time in the driveway playing with my little sweetie.
D0B25AF5-A2AA-4C4C-A9B9-492B5D8A904E.jpeg

Finally, I spent my Xmas Trotac gift certificate and igot a 12” bubba knife for all those whoppers I plan to catch!
7008C2C7-71B9-444D-B56F-83875DC1431D.jpeg

Where did you get the steering wheel. Looks really nice. Did it come with the knob or was that an addition?

Oly
Amazon! Wanted one with fixed sui knob as I’ve heard people complain about the clamped on ones sliding around. Also didn’t want to go stainless as I winter fish lots and I think it would get real cold on the hands.

Finally placed my order yesterday for my main head unit and radar. I went with the 2124 Chirp Radar and the Helix 12 GPS Chirp G4N For my main head unit which is compatible with the Helix 7 G3N I already have installed as my rear head unit. Equipment won’t be in until roughly the middle of Feb as things are slow coming do to the restrictions. Can’t wait to get it all in. Just have to get my VHF radio and antenna now. Definitely have to get the antenna as I will want to run the cable through the same hole as the Radar cables and seal them up at the same time. The 12” is the biggest possible unit that will flush mount in my dash even at that it’s going to be snug. But as long as the template I downloaded off of Hummingbirds site is correct which I’m sure it is it will fit.

Attachments

• 63E26C88-666F-4301-A0B4-D0CFAEF8F584.png
    63E26C88-666F-4301-A0B4-D0CFAEF8F584.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • DD7811F6-6585-46D7-8DA6-5FE2D96B7F8C.png
    DD7811F6-6585-46D7-8DA6-5FE2D96B7F8C.png
    825.3 KB · Views: 33
Finally placed my order yesterday for my main head unit and radar. I went with the 2124 Chirp Radar and the Helix 12 GPS Chirp G4N For my main head unit which is compatible with the Helix 7 G3N I already have installed as my rear head unit. Equipment won’t be in until roughly the middle of Feb as things are slow coming do to the restrictions. Can’t wait to get it all in. Just have to get my VHF radio and antenna now. Definitely have to get the antenna as I will want to run the cable through the same hole as the Radar cables and seal them up at the same time. The 12” is the biggest possible unit that will flush mount in my dash even at that it’s going to be snug. But as long as the template I downloaded off of Hummingbirds site is correct which I’m sure it is it will fit.
Don't forget to mount it on the floor for best results.

spend money on good quality antenna, i ran cheap ones for years then finally committed to good one. Huge difference in reception. i believe the more expensive ones have more copper windings.

This does not look like it has touch? Did you want buttons? I pondered between buttons and touch and so glad I got the touch version of mine. So much faster to navigate through menus and settings. Plus zoom in/out or pan with fingers

This does not look like it has touch? Did you want buttons? I pondered between buttons and touch and so glad I got the touch version of mine. So much faster to navigate through menus and settings. Plus zoom in/out or pan with fingers
Touch isn’t all that important to me. I’m not sure if your familiar with these units at all but they’re pretty easy to pan through. To do most functions you don’t have to go back through the menu routine you can set them up on a quick pan and just use 1 button to scroll through your frequent pages.

Back