What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

19F793EE-6EBB-4251-84DA-0CD9EA88F2EC.jpeg

Down in the bilge doing a little cleaning, caught a whiff of gas. Found my fuel fill line had a little crack in it. Back to Trotac I go.

Stitched the bottom panels together and twisted them into shape.
20230219_105405.jpg

20230219_144219.jpg

20230219_144251.jpg

20230219_144209.jpg

Good day to be inside sewing the boat together
20230220_113616.jpg
20230220_150400.jpg
20230220_150439.jpg

I’ve been debating on doing this. After I see yours, I’m still debating. Haha. Looks like a lot of work.
About 30 hrs for the hull only just the side was done in the picture I’m pretty happy with it but still not good enough that I’m gonna nyalic or shark Hyde it this time
I’m gonna try one section with nyalic under neath the bow where the chine is and see how it holds up before I do the whole boat

In the middle of a 26' Osprey Short cab outboard conversion. This week so far, picked up fiberglass, gelcoat, resin, putty and other misc fiberglass items, continued to vacuum water out from around the fuel tank, and drank a whiskey in it picturing a warm summer day catching fish.
How are the photos coming along?

In the middle of a 26' Osprey Short cab outboard conversion. This week so far, picked up fiberglass, gelcoat, resin, putty and other misc fiberglass items, continued to vacuum water out from around the fuel tank, and drank a whiskey in it picturing a warm summer day catching fish.
Start a build thread. We love to see it

20230225_120633.jpg
Bulkheads are in.

Anyone ever get vinyl wraps done on aluminum boats like the Aussies and Kiwis do? Seems like quite the thing down there. Surprised I don't see it here. Doesn't mean it isn't done here. I just haven't seen it.

Anyone ever get vinyl wraps done on aluminum boats like the Aussies and Kiwis do? Seems like quite the thing down there. Surprised I don't see it here. Doesn't mean it isn't done here. I just haven't seen it.
Some have done it here but not with the full slate of graphics and sponsors like you see down under. It is done instead of painting, in solid colours.

Some have done it here but not with the full slate of graphics and sponsors like you see down under. It is done instead of painting, in solid colours.
Roger. Seems like a decent way to change the look of a boat and not have to deal with painting aluminum.

Back