What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I have not tried 75/90 but I have tried a lot of different greases and Corrosion x works the best for me in stopping seizingScreenshot 2022-05-24 122847.jpg

The battery charger was not working properly when shore power was hooked up. So I replaced the battery bank and found the leads out of the charging system were corroded.
Replaced all in line fuse leads from charger to the batteries and now the charging system works. Another box checked.
A0EE806B-8538-4950-9492-74F39540345C.jpeg6C0EEB5C-85A1-4864-8DC2-E11C9703E5F9.jpegA9795A1B-DA9D-4CE1-A381-A5CEE88B3A0D.jpeg

20220525_214646.jpg
This was a "during" photo, BUT I INSTALLED A SHOCKWAVE! It's not the prettiest fit, and it took me having to customize the cabinet while in place. Chopped the top off and removed a drawer to get the height. Sanded, glued and reattached with big screws. Seat hangs off the back a bit I could care less at this point. Took 10 hours over three nights to complete this "quick project". I could not be happier with the improvement in ride quality. Night and day. No more tensing up with every wave. I will never own a boat without one again.

took another pic today.
20220531_123202.jpg

Last edited:
This was a "during" photo, BUT I INSTALLED A SHOCKWAVE! It's not the prettiest fit, and it took me having to customize the cabinet while in place. Chopped the top off and removed a drawer to get the height. Sanded, glued and reattached with big screws. Seat hangs off the back a bit I could care less at this point. Took 10 hours over three nights to complete this "quick project". I could not be happier with the improvement in ride quality. Night and day. No more tensing up with every wave. I will never own a boat without one again.
Good for sitting at the dock ...LOL
I have to ask that boat being so big if your going thu that rough of water u need a shockwave seat... thats kindy sacry

I have to ask that boat being so big if your going thu that rough of water u need a shockwave seat... thats kindy sacry
These hulls don't slice. They ride out big stuff nice but the short chop gets slappy. Plus my back is effed. The helm is also very far forward on them to give the cabin more room. They're comfortable, but I don't think anyone ever claimed they were go-fast boats. I like to go fast. You also can't stand at the helm to absorb shock. In the bayliner I'd pull the bolster up and stand in front of the seat in snotty weather. This thing drives more like a bus with the flat wheel and raised platform for the seat.

Last edited:
Not everyone can ride in a Hourston. Lol

View attachment 80367
Maybe in the future you could look at getting the slide for it. Crazy how much it is but you would be able to mount it flush with your cabinet top. It would tidy it up a bit.

But good improv to get it in place.

Maybe in the future you could look at getting the slide for it. Crazy how much it is but you would be able to mount it flush with your cabinet top. It would tidy it up a bit.

But good improv to get it in place.
I thought about it but the additional height clearance would have meant losing another drawer. I might just put a pillow under there and call it a day. The plan is to "one day" redo that whole pullout bed situation there and just make it a higher daybed with better storage underneath. Maybe even a freezer.

As a former shipwright /cabinet maker, I wouldn't trust that cabinet top to hold up to your weight and the leverage from the seat.The whole works and yourself might end up on the settee if you go through some rough stuff.You've bolted it down no doubt,but cabinet tops are generally held in by a few pinner nails.

As a former shipwright /cabinet maker, I wouldn't trust that cabinet top to hold up to your weight and the leverage from the seat.The whole works and yourself might end up on the settee if you go through some rough stuff.You've bolted it down no doubt,but cabinet tops are generally held in by a few pinner nails.
So the top is 1-1/4" thick and underneath its PL'd to 3/4 cleats attached to the gables (I added those). You can't see them but there are also 8x 4" #10 Stainless screws screwed right through the top and into the gables. In addition to that the cabinet is fastened front and back (sandwiched) between the couch frame and the step box (which is glassed in). In addition to that I added these brackets at the top of the box, screwed and glued to the side of the boat and PL'd the top to those as well. Believe me, I had the same concerns and I'm an anxious person. I slept fine.
Screenshot_20220601-094359_Chrome.jpg

So the top is 1-1/4" thick and underneath its PL'd to 3/4 cleats attached to the gables (I added those). You can't see them but there are also 8x 4" #10 Stainless screws screwed right through the top and into the gables. In addition to that the cabinet is fastened front and back (sandwiched) between the couch frame and the step box (which is glassed in). In addition to that I added these brackets at the top of the box, screwed and glued to the side of the boat and PL'd the top to those as well. Believe me, I had the same concerns and I'm an anxious person. I slept fine.
View attachment 80444
That’s what framers can do to a boat lol

Back