What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Do you think you’ll ever clean fish on it, or is it just for a bait table, flashers lures etc.
I planned to do all of the above when I got it but it isn’t very wide so only smaller fish will fit unless I can hold them at an angle. I thought it would be better than cleaning them on the edge of the swim platform which I do frequently in a calm bay on the way in. I won’t be able to safely do that offshore though.

I planned to do all of the above when I got it but it isn’t very wide so only smaller fish will fit unless I can hold them at an angle. I thought it would be better than cleaning them on the edge of the swim platform which I do frequently in a calm bay on the way in. I won’t be able to safely do that offshore though.
My dilemna now too, as I search for a bait tray that can tilt up when I raise the motor. Then I thought about how often I clean at sea vs the cleaning table and head recovery bin at my marina, might just do a bait tray and not dream of my personal processing plant on board. I thought of a coho tray or chinook tray and having temporary mounts for the side though.

45276938_614.jpg

My dilemna now too, as I search for a bait tray that can tilt up when I raise the motor. Then I thought about how often I clean at sea vs the cleaning table and head recovery bin at my marina, might just do a bait tray and not dream of my personal processing plant on board. I thought of a coho tray or chinook tray and having temporary mounts for the side though.

View attachment 78234
We don't have a fish cleaning station where I'm moored so some cleaning on the boat is necessary. I usually gut my salmon on board and fillet them at home. If I had a cleaning station at the marina I'd probably settle for the bait/gear station as well.

Is it just spray on wash off?
Depends on the level of stain or grime, I just sprayed some areas, but used a deck brush on the aged stuff, and a scour pad on the rust stains...all gone now. Wear gloves, eye googs and rain pants. I splashed some on my downrigger rod holders while scrubbing, they have some small white marks on the black plastic now. Mask off gauges, controls etc if you're doing any dash area.

The sprayer that comes with the 64 oz size is handy, but not a quality item.

Depends on the level of stain or grime, I just sprayed some areas, but used a deck brush on the aged stuff, and a scour pad on the rust stains...all gone now. Wear gloves, eye googs and rain pants. I splashed some on my downrigger rod holders while scrubbing, they have some small white marks on the black plastic now. Mask off gauges, controls etc if you're doing any dash area.

what he said.

It’s definitely something you don’t want on you. At first I thought maybe it was Caustic Soda but it’s an acid. So yah be careful with this stuff for sure.

Spent most of the day removing wet balsa core from my tank cover (hatch), between rain storms.I'll let it dry for a day before replacing with plywood strips and glassing over. I don't know if it was done at the Pursuit factory but a good idea,they stuffed parachute cord between the hatch and floor/deck before caulking with silicone,it made it easier to pull up the hatch.

Attachments

• IMG_9681.jpg
    IMG_9681.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_9682.jpg
    IMG_9682.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_9683.jpg
    IMG_9683.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_9684.jpg
    IMG_9684.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 152
Spent most of the day removing wet balsa core from my tank cover (hatch), between rain storms.I'll let it dry for a day before replacing with plywood strips and glassing over. I don't know if it was done at the Pursuit factory but a good idea,they stuffed parachute cord between the hatch and floor/deck before caulking with silicone,it made it easier to pull up the hatch.
The grunt work, Stipping old wet rotten balsa, be all worth it when your done. Always nice when you do it yourself at the end you know what you got.pick at her and she be in the water soon enough.

Back