What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Trailer: New wheel cylinder and bled brakes, topped up fluid and checked all the lights.

Boat:
Untarped it and cleaned up the inside, stored the tarps and sorted my safety equipment, dock lines and PFD’s. Car wash tomorrow if it’s not raining so I can wax it next week.

Main engine:
Did plugs, oil, filter change. Changed out water/fuel filter too. Started and ran on muffs til up to temp. Everything checks out except house battery won’t hold a charge.

Kicker:
Did an oil change and new spark plugs. New Impeller last year so I’m confident that it’s still good for at least another year. Fired it up on muffs and it’s running as good as ever. New control cables last year too and they’ve stretched a bit so need adjusting. .

Trailer: New wheel cylinder and bled brakes, topped up fluid and checked all the lights.

Boat:
Untarped it and cleaned up the inside, stored the tarps and sorted my safety equipment, dock lines and PFD’s. Car wash tomorrow if it’s not raining so I can wax it next week.

Main engine:
Did plugs, oil, filter change. Changed out water/fuel filter too. Started and ran on muffs til up to temp. Everything checks out except house battery won’t hold a charge.

Kicker:
Did an oil change and new spark plugs. New Impeller last year so I’m confident that it’s still good for at least another year. Fired it up on muffs and it’s running as good as ever. New control cables last year too and they’ve stretched a bit so need adjusting. .
Busy little beaver!

I’m excited about the week ahead. I’m getting a pro to install my two new garmin 7” touchscreens, some led strip lighting in the gunnels and a new stereo with a fusion receiver and 4 skar audio marine 6.5” full range speakers.
Once it’s complete I’ll post pics and give his contact to anyone wanting work done on their boats. He’s a long time acquaintance and a solid dude.
E3CEACFF-51DC-48D3-A287-F80351ED99E9.png

I’m excited about the week ahead. I’m getting a pro to install my two new garmin 7” touchscreens, some led strip lighting in the gunnels and a new stereo with a fusion receiver and 4 skar audio marine 6.5” full range speakers.
Once it’s complete I’ll post pics and give his contact to anyone wanting work done on their boats. He’s a long time acquaintance and a solid dude.
View attachment 77191
Shiiiinnny

Took her out for the first time this year and it was going great until it wasn’t. Really loud knocking noise that slowed the boat right down. Not sure what it is but that might be the end for this engine. Walk of shame to end the day. But huge thanks to the silver streak that stopped and towed us all the way back to lions gate. EC549150-FA38-4529-8F1F-40223BCE26F4.jpeg

Took her out for the first time this year and it was going great until it wasn’t. Really loud knocking noise that slowed the boat right down. Not sure what it is but that might be the end for this engine. Walk of shame to end the day. But huge thanks to the silver streak that stopped and towed us all the way back to lions gate. View attachment 77219
That sucks, early enough in the season to fix up but there goes a few k

I buddy of mine dropped his Grady White 232 off for a week
Spent two full days helping him out, had to wait for parts too
Trouble shooting and fix a bunch of issues he was having
Trim Tabs, not working - Fixed
Kerosene Cabin Heater, not working - Fixed
Nav & Anchor, not working - Fixed and up graded to Led bulbs
GPS antenna signal intermittent, Replaced battery - Fixed
Accessory cigarette lighters sockets, not working - Fixed
Aft deck flood light, one side, not working - Replaced
Aft deck courtesy lights, not working - Fixed

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 67
Well after staring at the boat for 6 months I figured I should probably dump it in the water. I hit the hull with a good wax and went over everything and surprisingly didn’t find a single issue after sitting all winter. Took a good run up the inlet and she’s running great and ready for some prawning in a couple days .

Well after staring at the boat for 6 months I figured I should probably dump it in the water. I hit the hull with a good wax and went over everything and surprisingly didn’t find a single issue after sitting all winter. Took a good run up the inlet and she’s running great and ready for some prawning in a couple days .
Heading out Saturday? I was thinking about coming up for a run for Hali but the weather report didn’t look good.

Filled the boat and truck up and got what I felt like was a good deal, both under $2 a litre for diesel and mid grade marked, $500. Special thanks to Esso, and Co-op for at least trying to keep up to Costco(Langford doesn’t have diesel).

Dropped it off with one of the top Electronics guys in the South Island for a trollmaster wireless throttle install and radio with ais receive integration upgrade. Some trouble with the Lowrance carbon standard horizon comparability but I hope my googling got that sorted.

Short video of the throttle, not interesting to most unless you have smoked your head rushing to throttle back or speed up a half dozen times.

Last edited:
Heading out Saturday? I was thinking about coming up for a run for Hali but the weather report didn’t look good.
Yeah I think we’ve got some wind coming . I think I’ll stick around China creek this weekend and do some prawning with the kids . I am down for a hali mission if we can get the stars to align .

Kaelc went for the wireless model and I choose the wired version. It was a tough decision but it comes down to each there own. It showed up yesterday at 11:30 and by 1 pm it was on and hooked up. Fished it today on the lake and it's awesome ,can't wait to get it back to Telegraph for the summer 20220401_093338.jpg

Great minds think alike. Lowrance and a Stanley Mug! I like the wired version but have no where to keep it dry.
Kaelc went for the wireless model and I choose the wired version. It was a tough decision but it comes down to each there own. It showed up yesterday at 11:30 and by 1 pm it was on and hooked up. Fished it today on the lake and it's awesome ,can't wait to get it back to Telegraph for the summer View attachment 77509

View attachment 77191
Did you mount the transducer bracket yourself? Is the aftermarket stainless version absolutely identical in size to the one that Garmin provided? It will be easier if they’re the same size. The template and instructions they provide gave an excellent result on my 9” Echomap. Reading bait and arches at cruising speed in crystal clear quality. No tweaking the height of the transducer was required. All set to factory provided specs.

Did you mount the transducer bracket yourself? Is the aftermarket stainless version absolutely identical in size to the one that Garmin provided? It will be easier if they’re the same size. The template and instructions they provide gave an excellent result on my 9” Echomap. Reading bait and arches at cruising speed in crystal clear quality. No tweaking the height of the transducer was required. All set to factory provided specs.
No, my bud did the transducer. That aftermarket one is rock solid!
i can’t compare as I never saw the stock bracket out of the box

Kaelc went for the wireless model and I choose the wired version. It was a tough decision but it comes down to each there own. It showed up yesterday at 11:30 and by 1 pm it was on and hooked up. Fished it today on the lake and it's awesome ,can't wait to get it back to Telegraph for the summer View attachment 77509
Not sure if your interested but a couple years ago now when I put the unit on my old Lund I built a small bracket to hold it vertical. Just a piece of light metal cut and bent to fit. Like you I never planned on walking around with it it just stayed at the helm. You guys will love these units they are handy little tools. Plan on putting one on the new machine some time soon.

Attachments

• 6621E6B3-3978-44ED-B5C4-82A499AEB609.jpeg
    6621E6B3-3978-44ED-B5C4-82A499AEB609.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 78
Back