What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

So hows this for **** house luck?

Went out prawning/crabbing on Friday, boat runs perfect all day, run around Thetis for a cruise while traps are soaking ,great day on water.
Come home and cleaning everything up, go to run up the motor with salt away, it starts then dies, starts then dies, and then again??..
Im like wtf?..
Go have a beer and say to my better half I'll look at it tomorrow as its getting dark.
Saturday morning I head out to figure whats going on..not getting gas!, almost full tank, cant be fuel pump?!, pour some gas in carb, fires right up then dies..
Unhook gas line at filter, dry as can be..go to take fuel pickup out of tank, undo hose clamps, grab the hose to pull off and the hose falls off in my hand, one way fuel fitting falls apart corroded beyond belief, wow,
Remove the pickup tube from tank, tried to remove broken piece inside main pickup fitting but ended up replacing it with all new fittings, and new fuel lines.

Pumped up the ball on kicker to fill fuel filter and the main fires right up, as does the kicker.

To all with built-in tanks, check your fittings ,
this could have been catastrophic if fishing in tight to the rocks on west coast or just a real pain in the butt at the very least if it had happened out for a cruise on calm waters..dead in the water with no gas to kicker for backup
Still counting my lucky stars
Good work!... and also thanks for the great post. Should remind us all to be vigilant in our maintenance!!

Put heat exchanger on today (19 ft Lund ITS Adventure). This was a Volvo P 4.3 V6. No real problems. A couple things left to do ;protect rub points and the raw water "stay" is going to be improved/customized because the one that came in the kit IMO is severely under-built. Finally just an over all cleaning of the work.
View attachment 63997View attachment 63998View attachment 63999

By "stay" you're referring to the black rod that's on the side of the raw water pump? On my v8 VP 320 gxi the stay is a much larger chunk of metal with a 90 degree that sits between the inlet and outlet to keep it from spinning. I wonder if the v6 doesn't come with a similar design from VP as factory? One point it is a little epic pita to re & re as the mounting points for the bolts are low on the block and I have **** access on my rig.

By "stay" you're referring to the black rod that's on the side of the raw water pump? On my v8 VP 320 gxi the stay is a much larger chunk of metal with a 90 degree that sits between the inlet and outlet to keep it from spinning. I wonder if the v6 doesn't come with a similar design from VP as factory? One point it is a little epic pita to re & re as the mounting points for the bolts are low on the block and I have **** access on my rig.
Yes exactly... I'm simply modifying the original one so that I have the same stay point between inlet/outlet. For the cost of the kit it was a bit disappointing. Having said that... the rest of the kit was fine...

I'm pulling mine out tomorrow for below the waterline maintenance. My stainless props have some deposits that look like barnacles that didn't take so I bought the overpriced osborne propeller spray that kills everything dead haha. I'm planning to splash again Sunday so that probably means 3 weeks out after I find whatever is lurking down there

Screenshot_20210410-105231~2.png
New SDS prop to replace 13 year old SS XL that was beat up.

I went down 2 degrees of pitch to 17 XL. Boat is on stilts while trailer gets fixed, excited to test it out. Does the SDS hub really reduce the clunks putting into and out of gear?

Back