What are you getting the wife for Xmas??

me and my wife don't do gifts as we buy what we want/need when we want/need it.
Us too, used to be the running joke on FB... New skid steer for Valentine's Day, tandem axle car hauler for her birthday!
Although now that I have time to think of things like that they do seem to appreciate the thought!

I'd like to tell you but then she would know. Especially if I posted in the "What's for dinner tonight ?" Maybe I will register her for Christmas......under $10 right?

Got tired of my wife taking things back after Christmas, even after getting her things that she had previously pointed out that she liked.

(Well just because I liked it doesn't mean I wanted it. Women,,,,,you can't shoot them and you can't do without them)

Nowadays, since we have grandkids that want to see us open gifts at Christmas, I tell her a few things I want (usually boat or fishing related ) and she tells me what she wants, we go out together and pick it up, wrap it up for each other and the grandkids are happy,,,,annnnd, we got something that we actually wanted,,, all good. Not much point in getting older if you don't get smarter.

Most of the time I struggle for a gift idea for my wife because like many folks we just buy what we want when we need it and we have been fortunate in our lives.

One year in July my current wife showed me a Speed Bump Cartoon in the Globe and Mail that she said was the greatest cartoon she had even seen.

I spend about 20 minutes in the internet and found the cartoonist. They sell their original cartoons ( you get two panels the colour version and a black and white version ) He inscribed it to my wife and sent it to a friend's house for me to pick up. I had it professionally matted and framed which cost about the same as the cartoon panels and I gave it to her at Christmas .

It was a huge hit and hangs in her office. Apparently it was proof that I listened to her, and it was thoughtful and a surprise.

Stuffed animals are good gifts as well. If you use them as gift camouflage / wrapping.

One year a little stuffed Panda Bear with Diamond Stud earrings (current wife), another time I gave my first (and deceased wife) a stuffed St, Bernard dog with a string of pearls in the white fur around it's neck. "I think that dog has a collar"

My current wife has a great voice (her dad was the soloist in the Catholic Church in Winnipeg for years) She has been back singing in a weekly group for some time and now takes additional weekly singing lessons . Recently they found some old tapes of her dad singing in church in the early 1960's and a nephew who is a sound engineer cleaned up the tapes and everyone got a CD -very cool. This year I am getting my wife a day in a recoding studio with a piano player to makes some recordings. It wasn't very expensive and it will help out the arts who are suffering this year and she will have a lot of fun.

One year we gave ourselves nothing except an appointment with the lawyers to update our wills, Representation Agreements and Power of Attorney documents . That was a great gift to each other. It was also one of the most expensive gifts we have given each other from a cost point of view.

Saw a good deal on a new fridge a couple weeks back and we decided that is our gift shopping for each other complete. Loving the French door format, why did we wait so long?

Most of the time I struggle for a gift idea for my wife because like many folks we just buy what we want when we need it and we have been fortunate in our lives.

One year in July my current wife showed me a Speed Bump Cartoon in the Globe and Mail that she said was the greatest cartoon she had even seen.

I spend about 20 minutes in the internet and found the cartoonist. They sell their original cartoons ( you get two panels the colour version and a black and white version ) He inscribed it to my wife and sent it to a friend's house for me to pick up. I had it professionally matted and framed which cost about the same as the cartoon panels and I gave it to her at Christmas .

It was a huge hit and hangs in her office. Apparently it was proof that I listened to her, and it was thoughtful and a surprise.

Stuffed animals are good gifts as well. If you use them as gift camouflage / wrapping.

One year a little stuffed Panda Bear with Diamond Stud earrings (current wife), another time I gave my first (and deceased wife) a stuffed St, Bernard dog with a string of pearls in the white fur around it's neck. "I think that dog has a collar"

My current wife has a great voice (her dad was the soloist in the Catholic Church in Winnipeg for years) She has been back singing in a weekly group for some time and now takes additional weekly singing lessons . Recently they found some old tapes of her dad singing in church in the early 1960's and a nephew who is a sound engineer cleaned up the tapes and everyone got a CD -very cool. This year I am getting my wife a day in a recoding studio with a piano player to makes some recordings. It wasn't very expensive and it will help out the arts who are suffering this year and she will have a lot of fun.

One year we gave ourselves nothing except an appointment with the lawyers to update our wills, Representation Agreements and Power of Attorney documents . That was a great gift to each other. It was also one of the most expensive gifts we have given each other from a cost point of view.
Your gift giving skills are superb! To use stuffed animals to give jewelry is creative and fun, but the gifts of the cartoon and the studio are top level creative. You're right, you are a good listener and thoughtful and creative too. Props brother. Keep up loving your woman.

After 7 years of wishing and hoping, my wife gets new cabinets and new floors for Christmas. I did a lot of the work myself so the cost was not too outrageous and I actually showed up! I'm just finishing the base trim today and she's delighted!

The gift that keeps on giving! Crank your speakers for this one:

Back